Re: when will sims 3 Mac be released

by spookyorca

Original Post

@omonisola  Is the watermark coming from Windows?  In that case, you'd need to buy a Windows key and register it.  You don't need to pay the Microsoft price—there are completely legitimate sellers on Amazon that sell valid keys for something of a discount.  The catch is that the keys come with outdated install media, e.g. a USB with a three year old Windows build.  But you don't need to reinstall Windows, and the key would still work.

If you're referring to something different, please post a screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 201 of 4,043 (1,487 Views)

★★ Novice

Will the 64 bits update also be for PC or only mac?

Message 202 of 4,043 (1,219 Views)

★★ Guide

how did you bootcamp your mac? did you do it on an external hardrive?

Message 203 of 4,043 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Until Apple allows creating Windows boot partitions on external hard drives on Boot Camp (as well as using external GPUs under Windows), you obviously won’t be able to install Windows onto an external hard drive and boot it on your Mac (or play games on Windows with a better GPU than the internal one).

Message 204 of 4,043 (1,171 Views)

@jsdjfkj  As far as EA has said, there is no update coming for Windows.  The game runs reasonably well in Windows 10, considering, so EA doesn't really have an incentive to put more work into it.

@spookyorca  Bootcamp Assistant only supports installing onto your internal drive, partitioning that drive and installing Windows on one side.  There is however a way to install Windows onto an external drive as well.  It's more complicated but can certainly be done.  Let me know if you want more information on the process.

Message 205 of 4,043 (1,154 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The watermark is coming from Windows. I’m on a site right now and I’m confused as to which one I buy, do I purchase OEM or Pro 10 online? My Mac is on just Windows 10 Pro right now. 

Message 206 of 4,043 (1,471 Views)

★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict i ended up bootcamping my mac, and i'm having trouble even installing origin.. it says missing dll files and i cant find a solution that works
Message 207 of 4,043 (1,461 Views)

★★ Guide
@spookyorca @puzzlezaddict nevermind i got it working, now the only problem i am having with bootcamp is that my bluetooth mouse keeps disconnecting every 20 seconds or so
Message 208 of 4,043 (4,106 Views)

@omonisola  You need a product that contains a valid Windows 10 Pro key.  It can be OEM or retail, and you might save some money if you buy an older key that comes with an outdated install medium: you don't need the install medium, just the code, which should still work fine.  For example, these are a lot cheaper than the $200 Microsoft charges.

https://www.amazon.com/Windows-Professional-USB-Original-Win10/dp/B087G4YT7W/

https://www.amazon.com/Windows-Pro-English-License-DVD-Disk/dp/B088NTTVMJ/

https://www.amazon.com/Windows-Professional-Bit-Original-Product/dp/B087731N9V/

If you're going to buy from a third party on Amazon, it's best to get one that's "fulfilled by Amazon" at least.  Or you can buy directly from Microsoft.

Message 209 of 4,043 (4,072 Views)

@spookyorca  Sorry, I don't know a lot about troubleshooting peripheral devices in Bootcamp.  My wired mouse has never given me any trouble.  You might want to go to the manufacturer's site and reinstall the driver for the mouse; the Bluetooth driver should have been part of the Apple-provided software package that installed along with Windows.

Message 210 of 4,043 (4,072 Views)