Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@MaryTatsakis  Nope, no news yet.  But you can keep an eye on this thread (where I've just moved your post) for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 51 of 4,043 (3,466 Views)

Error: 327682:0 though tried everything said

★★★ Novice

I used to have sims 3 when I was growing up, and it seemed as I can still download it because I still have the same account. but to my discontentment, I got a massage showing (Error: 327682:0 ) and though I uninstalled my avg antivirus and restarted my Mac, it popped back up when I tried to install the sims 3 to my Mac. pls help!

Message 52 of 4,043 (3,397 Views)

Re: Error: 327682:0 though tried everything said

★★★ Novice
@14701neta so I looked in other forums and it seemed that I just can't play the sims 3 on my Mac for some reason... does anyone knows when does the update for the sims 3 to fully work on Macs will be out?
Message 53 of 4,043 (3,394 Views)

@14701neta  Nope, there's no news yet.  But you can keep an eye on this thread, where I just moved your posts, for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 54 of 4,043 (3,339 Views)

EA PLEASE RELEASE 64 BIT SIMS 3

★★★★ Novice

EA, now is your time to shine. The world is stuck at home, and thousands of people are wanting to play Sims 3. Where is this update you promised months ago? I am unable to play it at all as my laptop is Catalina. Sims 3 is definitely the best one and it's rubbish that we can't play it. Please please please release a fix!

Message 55 of 4,043 (3,244 Views)

Re: Sims 3 installation fail

★★★ Novice

dude ikr this is sooo bogus. EA is full of *... I paid over 100 bucks for a game to not work. They are supposed to release a new version they said they beginning of this year but it's already like 3 months in and not a word about it..

Message 56 of 4,043 (1,271 Views)

Re: EA PLEASE RELEASE 64 BIT SIMS 3

★★★ Apprentice

SO TRUE! Now is a perfect time. We're all stuck inside! I'm itching to play again.

Message 57 of 4,043 (3,123 Views)

is EA still coming out with a Sims 3 for MAC catalina?

★★★ Apprentice

I was just wondering since it said it'd come out early 2020 but we're almost in April.

The Macbook Pro I have is wonderful for gaming, so it sucks that it can't play sims 3.

Message 58 of 4,043 (2,941 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CoralRyann thats exactly what i'm thinking.
Message 59 of 4,043 (2,964 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just purchased The Sims 3, because I really enjoyed playing the first edition growing up. Never really was a video game player other than playing The Sims. Now that I'm stuck inside, I purchased the 3rd edition because I heard such great things about it, and it's supposed to be compatible with Mac, according to the platform description. I created an EA account, downloaded and installed the Origin app, but hit the error everyone else seems to hit when trying to download the actual game. It's very frustrating that they would not post this important memo at purchase. "Please note that while you may still purchase The Sims 3, we do not have a set date of when you can play it." Come on. I would not have paid for the game had I known of this error that appears to be an ongoing issue since October 2019. Maybe this is a normal issue in the gaming world, and I'm naive to it since I haven't played a video game in ~20 year, but I think this is a terrible way to treat your customers. 

All aside, has anyone purchased this game recently (blindly), and tried to get their money back? I'd rather purchase The Sims 4, unless it has a secret issue not published at check-out, too.

Thanks! 

Message 60 of 4,043 (2,530 Views)