Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

When will the sims 3 64bit be released?

by sophsoph20

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: when trying to install the sims 3 base game i get an error

★★ Newbie

Has this new 2020 version been released yet, because i just bought the game and am having this exact issue?

Message 31 of 63 (1,137 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

same

Message 32 of 63 (1,118 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
@kobijohamm43 Me too
Message 33 of 63 (1,081 Views)
Highlighted

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

@Salome1504 @alh110 @kobijohamm43 and @natalie6088  I've moved your posts into this master thread for questions about the update.  There's no official word yet, but you can see in this thread that EA employees are still committed to the project.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/8820136#M6265

When there is news to report, this thread will be updated, so feel free to subscribe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 34 of 63 (1,037 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

With the Corona virus going on I'm sure the release date will probably be pushed out further. 

Message 35 of 63 (726 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I hope it doesn't. maybe they will give us updates 

Message 36 of 63 (673 Views)
Highlighted

is there a new update for the sims 3 games to install with the newest mac update

★ Newbie

i know there was talk of a new update because the sims 3 doesn't work with the newest mac update, it was said release in early 2020... any updates?

Message 37 of 63 (487 Views)
Highlighted

Re: is there a new update for the sims 3 games to install with the newest mac up

★★★★ Novice
@br7673 No but subscribe to this chat to see if someone from EA posts
Message 38 of 63 (477 Views)
Highlighted

When will the sims 3 64bit be released?

★ Novice

Since the coronavirus outbreak I have been pretty bored, I turned to sims 3 and with a suprise it won’t work. I have done my research and realised the MacBook updated has stopped it from working due to the sims 3 being a 32bit game.

when will it be released?

Message 39 of 63 (410 Views)
Highlighted

Re: When will the sims 3 64bit be released?

@sophsoph20  Sorry, there's no news yet.  You can see from this thread though that EA is still committed to the project.

In the interim, you could theoretically partition your Mac's hard drive and install Windows on one side, if you have the storage to spare (ideally, 256 GB for Windows, with 50 GB free left over for macOS); or you could install Mojave and the game on an external hard drive, if you have at least temporary access to a Mac that hasn't been updated to Catalina.  Let me know if you'd like more information on either of these options.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 40 of 63 (365 Views)
Twitter Stream