Re: is there a new update for the sims 3 games to install with the newest mac up

by dragonlover32

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★★★★ Apprentice

I hope it doesn't. maybe they will give us updates 

Message 41 of 4,043 (3,415 Views)

is there a new update for the sims 3 games to install with the newest mac update

★★★ Newbie

i know there was talk of a new update because the sims 3 doesn't work with the newest mac update, it was said release in early 2020... any updates?

Message 42 of 4,043 (3,230 Views)

Re: is there a new update for the sims 3 games to install with the newest mac up

★★★ Apprentice
@br7673 No but subscribe to this chat to see if someone from EA posts
Message 43 of 4,043 (3,216 Views)

When will the sims 3 64bit be released?

★★ Novice

Since the coronavirus outbreak I have been pretty bored, I turned to sims 3 and with a suprise it won’t work. I have done my research and realised the MacBook updated has stopped it from working due to the sims 3 being a 32bit game.

when will it be released?

Message 44 of 4,043 (3,149 Views)

Re: When will the sims 3 64bit be released?

@sophsoph20  Sorry, there's no news yet.  You can see from this thread though that EA is still committed to the project.

In the interim, you could theoretically partition your Mac's hard drive and install Windows on one side, if you have the storage to spare (ideally, 256 GB for Windows, with 50 GB free left over for macOS); or you could install Mojave and the game on an external hard drive, if you have at least temporary access to a Mac that hasn't been updated to Catalina.  Let me know if you'd like more information on either of these options.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 45 of 4,043 (3,105 Views)

Re: When will the sims 3 64bit be released?

★★★ Apprentice

For the love of everything holy just read the rest of the thread. They haven’t released anything yet so we don’t know when. Just subscribe to the thread and wait until someone from EA says something

Message 46 of 4,043 (3,850 Views)

TS3 on mac

★★★ Newbie

Hey! So I just downloaded TS3 on mac (origin) and was excited to play after years but sadly I forgot that my mac is 64bit while the sims 3 is still on 32bit. So I started to look around, first I thought of getting a virtual machine but then I saw how back in October, The sims team stated that they would update ts3 for a 64bit computer early 2020 yet it's still not out yet. I know this is bad timing because of all the coronavirus stuff going on but are there any updates on this? currently, I can't play ts3 unless I revert my mac to a previous version which would be my last resort - I really don't want to do that.

Thank you! I hope y'all are staying safe out there.

Message 47 of 4,043 (1,003 Views)

Re: TS3 on mac

@kzych0905  While EA people have said they're still committed to the 64-bit update, there's been no news on the timing of its arrival.  Given the current situation, I wouldn't expect it any time soon, although I would love to be surprised.

Unfortunately, there aren't any current options for playing in Catalina.  You could partition your hard drive and install Windows on one side (known as Bootcamping), which is not overly complicated on new-ish Macs, I think almost any model from 2015 or later.  You'd need to be able to set aside sufficient storage for Windows and Sims 3, plus all your content.  Ideally, you'd have at least 200 GB for the Bootcamp partition, plus another 50 GB free on the Mac side.  You could get away with a bit less for Windows if you were careful about your free storage.

Or you could install Mojave or earlier on an external drive.  To install Mojave though, you'd need a hard drive or USB stick you don't mind erasing, and it should have a capacity of at least 128 GB, although you might want more if you use a lot of custom content.  More relevantly, you'd need temporary access to a Mac that hasn't been updated to Catalina yet, so you could download the Mojave installer and run it.  You could also install Sierra or High Sierra if that Mac is old enough to not support Mojave.

Either way, you would boot into the other OS when you wanted to play.  The game would run much better than in Parallels or another VM, both because the drivers are better and because the system would only be running the one OS at a time.

If you have more questions about these options, please feel free to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 48 of 4,043 (990 Views)

Re: TS3 on mac

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! I was going to Bootcamp and all that stuff but I'll think I'll wait for their announcement?? hopefully its this year and not never because after buying it now I can't wait to play ;; but I'm glad they are still committed! would love to play sims 3 again Frown(

Also thank you on informing me more on these options! I hope someone who is planning to take extra steps into being able to play ts3 on mac sees them (: they are very useful!

Message 49 of 4,043 (973 Views)

has sims 3 catalina update been done

★★★ Newbie

Has the Sim3 Mac OS Catalina update been done yet?

Message 50 of 4,043 (3,706 Views)