Re: when trying to install the sims 3 base game i get an error

by kobijohamm43

Original Post

Sims 3 64-bit compatibility

★★ Novice

How far along is the sims 3 64-bit update? Is it still on track/happening? Can we expect is soon? Thank you @EA_David 

Message 31 of 4,043 (10,377 Views)

Re: when will sims 3 Mac be released

★★★ Newbie

It's already March... don't you at least have a date? We've been waiting for way too long.

Message 32 of 4,043 (10,186 Views)

When will the update for sims 3 come?

★★★ Newbie

When will 64-Bit & Metal Edition be available for Mac OS? 

I've was told by the team behind origin that I should update my Mac, because I could not play sims 3, it said there was a problem with the license server, and now that I've had updated my Mac I can't even install sims 3... 

When is the sims 3 update coming?!?! 

Message 33 of 4,043 (9,997 Views)

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

@1310980214  I've moved your post to the thread asking about the updated Sims 3.  As you can see from other posts, we don't know when it will be released, but EA employees say they're still committed to the project.

I'm really sorry that support told you to update your Mac.  The license server error is easily fixed without updating anything.  It's a shame that you're now in this position.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 34 of 4,043 (9,976 Views)

Sims 3 for macOS Catalina

★★ Novice

Hello!

Since the announcement of the release of the 64 bit Sims 3 for MacOS Catalina last year, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything of when it will be released? it was set for early 2020 but nothing yet?

Thanks =)

Message 35 of 4,043 (9,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has this new 2020 version been released yet, because i just bought the game and am having this exact issue?

Message 36 of 4,043 (3,952 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

same

Message 37 of 4,043 (3,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kobijohamm43 Me too
Message 38 of 4,043 (3,899 Views)

@Salome1504 @alh110 @kobijohamm43 and @natalie6088  I've moved your posts into this master thread for questions about the update.  There's no official word yet, but you can see in this thread that EA employees are still committed to the project.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/8820136#M6265

When there is news to report, this thread will be updated, so feel free to subscribe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 39 of 4,043 (3,854 Views)

★★ Novice

With the Corona virus going on I'm sure the release date will probably be pushed out further. 

Message 40 of 4,043 (3,543 Views)