technical issue

by Layla625

Original Post

Accepted Solution

new proc failed with errno: 0x56 Message when trying to Download Sims 4

★★ Novice

Help!

I bought Sims 4 through Origin recently and tried to open it and the message "new proc failed with errno: 0x56" popped up. I have Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.4. Is there any way i can download the Sims on my laptop.

Message 1 of 10 (2,949 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: new proc failed with errno: 0x56 Message when trying to Download Sims 4

@MermaidQueenLes 

Your issue is that you have Catalina installed on an unsupported Mac. Your Mac only supports up to 10.13.6 High Sierra and is not Metal compatible.

You will not be able to currently run the game on your Mac for two reasons:

- The current version of the game requires a Metal compatible Mac which yours isn't. Please read this FAQ on the Legacy Edition for Mac. It will not run on your Mac.

- The Legacy Edition for the game still has a 32-bit executable file which runs when you launch the game. Catalina does not support 32-bit so it will not launch on your Mac.

To play the game you must wipe and reinstall a compatible version of macOS on your Mac. It may be necessary to reverse whatever hack has been applied to your Mac to enable this.

For more information on which Macs support Catalina - https://www.apple.com/uk/macos/how-to-upgrade/#hardware-requirements

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (2,858 Views)

All Replies

@MermaidQueenLes 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Could you also please do the following to confirm your game version:

- right click on the game in your Applications folder and select Show Package Contents

- Open the Contents folder then double click the Default.ini file to open it in TextEdit

- Under the [Version] header please copy and paste the gameversion here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,899 Views)

★★ Novice

I've attached my about mac.

As for the Version, this is it:

gameversion = 1.61.15.1220

Message 3 of 10 (2,873 Views)

@MermaidQueenLes 

Your issue is that you have Catalina installed on an unsupported Mac. Your Mac only supports up to 10.13.6 High Sierra and is not Metal compatible.

You will not be able to currently run the game on your Mac for two reasons:

- The current version of the game requires a Metal compatible Mac which yours isn't. Please read this FAQ on the Legacy Edition for Mac. It will not run on your Mac.

- The Legacy Edition for the game still has a 32-bit executable file which runs when you launch the game. Catalina does not support 32-bit so it will not launch on your Mac.

To play the game you must wipe and reinstall a compatible version of macOS on your Mac. It may be necessary to reverse whatever hack has been applied to your Mac to enable this.

For more information on which Macs support Catalina - https://www.apple.com/uk/macos/how-to-upgrade/#hardware-requirements

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 10 (2,859 Views)

technical issue

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I try and open the Sims 4 onto  my MacBook Air, I get a pop up box saying new proc failed with errno: 0x56 and the game quits. How can I resolve this and start playing again?

It also  says:

/Users/xxx/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Frameworks/ActivationUI.app/Contents/MacOS/ActivationUI

I replaced my username with xxx. 

Message 5 of 10 (2,433 Views)

Re: technical issue

@Layla625 

This was an issue with a 32-bit executable, the ActivationUI, which was fixed last September. If you are running Catalina on a hacked older Mac which does not support it you will not be able to play. We can check though. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 10 (2,380 Views)

new proc failed with errno: 0x56

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I know this topic has been discussed very well. But all the help and assistance in all the other threads could not help me to rerun my Sims 4 on my Mac Book. 

Error: new proc failed with errno: 0x56

/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Frameworks/ActivationUI.app/Contents/MacOS/ActivationUI

I'm playing Sims 4 in version 1.25.136.1220

I'm running an Early 2015 Mac Book pro on macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Can anyone help me? Maybe @Bluebellflora ?

Message 7 of 10 (2,529 Views)

Re: new proc failed with errno: 0x56

@MRSCAF

You need to update the game to the current patch level, 1.66. Update it in Origin.

You're getting the error because the 32-bit ActivationUI file is still in your game files, 32-bit is not supported in Catalina.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 10 (2,496 Views)

Sims 4 has disappeared from my Origin account

★★★ Newbie

I have opened up my Origin account after not playing in a while and my Sims4 has disappeared from my games. The game software itself is still downloaded onto my Mac however clicking that comes up with an error code. It isn't the wrong account as I only have one.

Message 9 of 10 (2,335 Views)

Re: Sims 4 has disappeared from my Origin account

@alhaywood 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,295 Views)