Re: store content and .sims3packs

by Padmefan2017

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@mangogirl10 everytime I try and play with some CC (all sims3packs) the game crashes. I thought it had to do with how much custom content I’m using but I’ve had no luck on this end

side note: it’s 1am here in AU and I’ve finally given up. hopefully someone will come up with a solution!
Message 11 of 25 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I have normal package files on my game. Will that mess up my saves that use those files if I move the folder?
Message 12 of 25 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was planning on merging my CC into one file to help the game run faster, is it possible to merge sim3.pack into a package file and see if it works that way?

Message 13 of 25 (657 Views)

★ Guide

@abbeylawford wrote:

After finding a solution on another forum, I was able to install .sims3packs. Simply repair your game. After doing this, I no longer received the critical system error. I am also now able to install store content. I hope this helps some people.

This worked for me too. 

Message 14 of 25 (1,294 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Padmefan2017 How do I merge cc files on a Mac? I really need to 😩 You can’t merge the sims 3 packs and package files, just the package files i believe
Message 15 of 25 (628 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@spookyorca Repair to add sims 3 store content but for CC from other sites like TSR I would add the packs to the downloads folder then install from the launcher
Message 16 of 25 (616 Views)

@Padmefan2017 and @mangogirl10  The tool to merge .package files doesn't work in macOS.

@Padmefan2017  I'm not sure what you're asking.  Moving the Sims 3 folder will move your saves too, but you can put everything back later.  You can also load a save but later quit without saving, and any changes due to the absence of your mods or custom content won't be saved either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 17 of 25 (607 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have done all of this and I still can't get store content to install and i've repaired my game.

Message 18 of 25 (574 Views)

@Pancakes0328  Please see this thread for more help:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Problems-installing-Sims3Packs-TS3-64-bit/m-p/9665254...

If nothing works, let me know what error you're seeing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 19 of 25 (557 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict That also didn't work. I got the same error
Message 20 of 25 (552 Views)