store content and .sims3packs

★★ Guide

i tried to install some store content, and it said critical error ;O

Message 1 of 25 (976 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: store content and .sims3packs

★ Guide

@abbeylawford wrote:

After finding a solution on another forum, I was able to install .sims3packs. Simply repair your game. After doing this, I no longer received the critical system error. I am also now able to install store content. I hope this helps some people.

This worked for me too. 

View in thread

Message 14 of 25 (1,365 Views)

All Replies

@spookyorca  Did you use existing downloads of store stuff, or did you download new copies?  Please also post a screenshot of the error you're getting.  Hit cmd-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  The screenshot will land on your desktop; you can attach it to or embed it within a post here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 25 (967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict yes they are fresh downloads, sometimes i get this, and other times i get critical system failure

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 7.24.14 PM.png

Message 3 of 25 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]

@spookyorca  Thanks for the screenshot; it makes the issues a lot easier to sort.

I just wrote something for another affected player that you can try too:

When you download the items, do you choose to "Open" or "Save"?  I chose to save, manually moved the downloads to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads, and opened the launcher to install them.  If you haven't tried this, please do now.  And if clicking Install doesn't work, close the launcher and open it again.

If that's not the issue, pease open a Finder window, hold down the optn(alt) key, click Go at the top of your screen, then select Library.  From there, open Application Support > Origin, and see whether you have a folder inside labeled Installer Data.  If you do, please open it, take a screenshot of its contents, and attach it to a post.

If you don't have the folder, create one; be sure to get the name and case exactly right.  If you have one, trash it and make a new one.  Then try to install a new download of one item, and let me know whether it works.  It may help to install a Store item first, although I'm not sure.

Message 4 of 25 (951 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict All my sims3.packs won't load at all. I normally put all my CC in the mods/packages file. Should I move them to downloads? This is my first time playing on Mac.
Message 5 of 25 (930 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Padmefan2017 I moved all my simpacks to the downloads file and I got the same critical error for both store stuff and CC
Message 6 of 25 (922 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem as the other user, both installing store content and .sims3packs. I manually moved these two items to my downloads folder and received a critical system error that can be seen in the attachment. I did as you instructed with the Installer Data folder, and have included screenshots of what it looked like before I trashed it and made a new one. I still received a critical system failure however upon trying to install a different .sims3pack.

Message 7 of 25 (917 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

After finding a solution on another forum, I was able to install .sims3packs. Simply repair your game. After doing this, I no longer received the critical system error. I am also now able to install store content. I hope this helps some people.

Message 8 of 25 (907 Views)

@Padmefan2017  Please try repairing your game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to create a new folder, download just one store item, and see whether it installs.  If the Install button doesn't do anything, please close the launcher and open it again.

Message 9 of 25 (883 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is anyone able to play with sims3packs or package files without the game crashing???

Message 10 of 25 (873 Views)