sims four stuck on white screen macbook

by hypervxew

Original Post

sims four stuck on white screen macbook

★★★ Newbie

hello! my sims four has been stuck on a white screen with the music still playing in the background and im not too sure what to do as im not that smart with computers and such. im playing on a newer macbook pro but im not sure what the make or model it is. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (1,526 Views)

Re: sims four stuck on white screen macbook

Champion

@hypervxew , here is the link for instructions on how to find the specs for you Mac. Never include your Serial Number. But let's try some other options first.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

First, try resetting Origin. Sometimes this helps the game get itself back on track. Instructions on how to do so are posted in the link below.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If resetting Origin does not help, next question to answer is "Do you use Mods or CC?" if so, that could be causing your issue as an outdated mod or high poly count CC could cause your game not to load properly. So, the first thing to do is to locate your Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) and move it to your Desktop. Do NOT Delete it!! This is where your saved games are stored. Start up your game remembering that none of your saved games, CC or Mods will be present as they are currently on your Desktop. If the game starts up normally, then one of your Mods is out of date. 

Try these steps and report back here.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hi, i tried resetting origin and that did not work, the screen is still white Frown i dont have any mods installed, all that i have is just the base game and a couple of add ons but i got those from origin itself. my mac is version 10.13.6 and its a 2017 model
Message 3 of 4 (1,505 Views)

@hypervxew

Can you please go into Documents > Electronic Arts >> The Sims 4 and trash the Options.ini file. Now see if the game will launch properly.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (1,492 Views)