Re: sims 4 won't launch with origin

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

sims 4 won't launch with origin

★★★ Newbie

the sims 4 won't work on me since the update on origin I was saving the game before I had to close it. that's when I noticed I cannot enter the game using the game app in my launch pad where I have all my apps on origin doesn't work either the game won't open with origin like it used too. I haven't be able to open the sims 4 at all no matter what I do I don't want to lose everything I have in the game itself ive worked a lot to get packs for the game but the issue is ever since I had updated origin the sims 4 app won't open it trieds to open but instead origin is what opens otherthan the game I don't know what to do anymore I just want to be able to play the sims 4 again like I was doing I'm in major depression because of this * with the damn game why aren't you people helping me I want this issue fixed 

Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

@txaeswslyc76

There are many things I want in this life but I tend to find if I ask nicely people are more responsive Tongue out This is also your first post right? Not sure how anyone could have already helped you if you haven't posted before...

A legitimate copy of the game, which I'm presuming you have, requires Origin to work so it will always launch even when you open the game from your Applications folder/Launchpad/Dock shortcut.

Please go into the Documents > Electronic Arts folder and move the Sims 4 folder to your desktop then try and launch the game. Does it work?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (358 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora This worked for me, THANK YOOOUUUUU!!! I had tried everything and haven't played for MONTHS !!! Thank you thank youuuuuu
Message 3 of 3 (295 Views)