Re: sims 4 won't launch (Mac)

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 won't launch (Mac)

★★★ Newbie

I have a Mac and It's been 12 hours since I last played the sims 4 and I have cc and saved files in the sims 4 folders. After I had saved my game those 12 hours ago, origin and the sims 4 application itself will not open the game. I do not have a lot of cc due to past experience with the game running slow. I've tried to reinstall origin, repair origin and the game, create a new sims 4 gaming folder, and every little thing I could find to fix my problem. Once I rebooted the game back to its basics it works fine. I've tried putting my mods back into the new folders and it happens again. It is only allowing to play the game with basics only and no cc.

Any help is much appreciated! Frown

Message 1 of 3 (715 Views)

Accepted Solution

@cptnjcksprw  If your game runs fine without any mods or cc, then it's definitely this third-party content that's causing your issues.  You most likely have at least one file that is incompatible with the latest patch.  You'll need to check with the content creators to see whether they've updated their work and download the new files.  If you're not sure what you have, you can always download the latest versions to replace your older files.

If you're still having trouble adding mods and cc to your game, then you can test out your content in batches.  Drag your existing TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and then launch the game again to create a clean folder.  Move a batch of mods/cc into the folder and try to play.  If the game runs, you can set aside that batch and test out the next one.  If it doesn't, split the batch in half and test each smaller group, and then split again, until you've isolated the problem files.  Then the others should be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (701 Views)

All Replies

@cptnjcksprw  If your game runs fine without any mods or cc, then it's definitely this third-party content that's causing your issues.  You most likely have at least one file that is incompatible with the latest patch.  You'll need to check with the content creators to see whether they've updated their work and download the new files.  If you're not sure what you have, you can always download the latest versions to replace your older files.

If you're still having trouble adding mods and cc to your game, then you can test out your content in batches.  Drag your existing TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and then launch the game again to create a clean folder.  Move a batch of mods/cc into the folder and try to play.  If the game runs, you can set aside that batch and test out the next one.  If it doesn't, split the batch in half and test each smaller group, and then split again, until you've isolated the problem files.  Then the others should be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (702 Views)

Champion

I suggested to another player to try playing with only Mods first. Then to play with only CC. This way you can narrow down which may be causing the problem without having to cull a lot of CC. I also advise you to turn off Automatic Updates which will allow you to play Sims 4 until your favorite Mods/CC are updated to the newest patch/EA content. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (676 Views)