Re: sims 4 seasons crashing on launch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

sims 4 seasons crashing on launch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? no idea, won't tell me
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, get together, vampires, spa day, jungle adventure, parenthood, outdoor retreat, dine out, cool kitchen, my first pet, perfect patio, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? immediately on launch
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing--screen goes dark as if the game is loading, remains dark for several seconds, and then immediately goes into the 'beachball of death' while displaying desktop/discord/whatever was open in the background. have to force-quit
What do you expect to see? the loading screen, anything to start up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. downloaded Seasons

i'm completely baffled at this.

earlier today i bought and installed seasons, and messed around for about half an hour to make a new family before heading off to work for the evening. i came back and tried to start the game, and it went into a dark screen like usual before it begins loading. the screen stays dark for several seconds--up to about ten or fifteen--before flashing back to the desktop, discord, or whatever is behind the window. it's not like the game has just crashed and origin re-expands. if i right-click the game icon in my task bar, it will tell me "application not responding" and i have to force-quit the game. i don't have any CC or mods installed, have already attempted repairing the game, restarting my laptop, clearing the cache, everything, but nothing has worked. i've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, to no avail. 

Message 1 of 3 (372 Views)

Hero

Hi @normanrebates

moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (351 Views)

@normanrebates

Can you please disable Origin in-game and see if that makes a difference? Would also be good to know your set up. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (329 Views)