Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

sims 4 on Mac won't open

by rhiannnonn

Original Post

sims 4 on Mac won't open

★★ Novice

hello all! I have been having a problem since last night with my Sims 4 game on a Mac. I am able to open origin and click the game but it stays forever not opening. Nothing pops up it just keep bouncing in my dock. I took out my mod folder like some people suggested and it did not work. I copied my saves folder and other sims 4 things and saved them on an external disk and then uninstalled the sims. Now however when I go to open up origin it says the game is still downloading (even though it tells me the game is ready to play) and it keeps bouncing. What should I do?

Message 1 of 4 (112 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

★★ Novice

it still will not work. it just keeps attempting to load. 

Message 2 of 4 (108 Views)

@rhiannnonn

Could you please disable Origin in-game and see if that helps - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/12/23/disable-origin-in-game/

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)

@rhiannnonn 

I've moved your post from the other thread you also posted in to this one. As well as disabling Origin in game, please run the reset tool - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)
Twitter Stream
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help