Re: sims 4 not working after feb 2019 update

by Yeliztaslioglu

Original Post

sims 4 not working after feb 2019 update

★ Novice

my sims 4 just updated as of feb 21 and after the update finishes i go to launch the game through origin and it doesn't work and doesn't respond until it says sims 4 not respond force quit (im on mac btw) i dont have mods or cc in my folder since i took them all out so idk what is causing this appreciate any help

Message 1 of 7 (3,232 Views)

Champion

@jaxxyce , even if you've removed your Mods/CC prior to updating, something may get stuck in the code and it's best to move the entire Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop, but do NOT delete it! This is where your saved games are stored.

Next, start up the game and allow the game to generate a new Sims 4 folder. Remember that none of your saved games will be present at this time. Start a new game and play for a little bit to make sure that no other issues are present. Quit the game. You can then move your saved games from your Desktop into the new Sims 4 folder. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (3,185 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem as described above! Just tried what you said with moving the sims folder to the desktop, even deleted all of my cc’s the other day! Unfortunatly nothing seems to be working so please let me know if anyone find a way to be able to play for more than 20 minutes! 

The crash varies from quitting og restarting the 

mac! See the pictures attached.

Message 3 of 7 (3,150 Views)

Champion

@FridaJoh  did you make sure that Origin In Game was turned off? This can also cause Sims 4 to not start.

Message 4 of 7 (3,148 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, double checked now and it still doesn’t work! Sometimes I can play for 20 mins but nevermind more than that! 

Message 5 of 7 (3,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@FridaJoh , we need the specs of your Mac. If you do not know how to find this information, please use the link below to see how to find it. Please do NOT include your Serial Number as this is "private" information.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

Message 6 of 7 (3,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if it is still not working: I have talked with an advisor and he said that Mac users have that problem now and they are working on it. They will pronounce it when it gets fixed (on Twitter). I have the same issue too Frown

Message 7 of 7 (1,932 Views)