sims 4 not able to download on hard drive??

by s0phva

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 not able to download on hard drive??

★ Apprentice

hi, so i've had this problem recently where i have redownload sims 4 everytime i play, which isn't a big deal since it downloads real fast. i've always redownloaded on my hard drive everytime, but when i tried to do it today, a message popped up saying "Origin is unable to install games in your chosen folder because the destination drive is not mounted. Please choose another folder." the problem is, my hard drive is plugged in and it is showing on my computer. is it a glitch or is it something w my hard drive? i know that my hard drive has been having problems with showing sometimes although plugged in recently, but when it's like that, it doesn't show as a location on my mac, and it's showing as a location as of right now.

Message 1 of 3 (821 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 not able to download on hard drive??

★ Apprentice

hi! you were right, not too long later my hard drive completely stopped working. sadly, i think i'm gonna have to buy a new one as i got a new usbc cable for it and it still wont work, and i even tried plugging it into a dif computer! thank you for your help!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (735 Views)

All Replies

@s0phva

If you've had issues with the drive showing it's most likely the connection. The drive must be mounted in Finder before opening Origin.

You could check this as well https://bluebellflora.com/2020/11/26/external-drive-not-showing-in-origin/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (792 Views)

★ Apprentice

hi! you were right, not too long later my hard drive completely stopped working. sadly, i think i'm gonna have to buy a new one as i got a new usbc cable for it and it still wont work, and i even tried plugging it into a dif computer! thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 3 (736 Views)