Re: sims 4 missing mods and saves folder

by marydelaney2815

Original Post

sims 4 missing mods and saves folder

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I bought and downloaded the sims 4 about a year or 2 ago. I absolutely love the sims and it is definitely my favourite game at the moment. But recently when I opened up sims 4, the first thing I noticed was the game was slightly zooming in more than usual.. which I thought was strange, but I didn't really think anything of it. (Also I play on a IMac) 

The next thing I noticed was that my mods did not pop up at the start of the game even though they were turned on. Another thing was that there was no option to load my game or start a new game. The only option was to press the arrow button, so I did. It brought me to create-a-sim but it seemed like it had restarted my whole game! There was no sims in my library and I seemed to have no mods. I shut down my computer and restarted sims many time but nothing changed!

I searched my Sims 4 folder in electronic Arts and when I clicked into saves there was nothing there and when I clicked into mods, screenshots nothing was there. So basically my whole sims folder was empty Frown I was really confused and I looked up ways to fix it but there was nothing that came up. I had a good few mods and I also had mc command centre. Thankfully though all my purchased game expansions were there. The latest thing I added to the mods folder was the latest mc command centre.

Is there anyway to fix these problem or restore my saves and mods? Or do I just start all over again and play sims from scratch?

Thank you,

Mary

Message 1 of 6 (1,666 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora since this is a Mac issue.

@marydelaney2815 Your posting will be moved to the Sims Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (1,643 Views)

@marydelaney2815  Is it possible your iCloud drive is enabled?  Your game folder—the one you've been using, with your saves and mods—could have been uploaded to cloud storage, along with the rest of the contents of your Documents folder.  You can check iCloud and then just move your old folder back into its proper place.  (Be sure to get rid of the new game folder first.)  Then you can disable iCloud or change its settings so that it doesn't automatically upload.

Here's a visual, if you're not sure how to play with the settings:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (1,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for replying,

Does that mean more people will see my post so they can help?

Message 4 of 6 (1,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for replying,

How do I check my iCloud storage?
Message 5 of 6 (1,625 Views)

@marydelaney2815  Open a Finder window.  In the column on the left, where you see icons for Applications and Documents, there will also be one labeled iCloud Drive.  Open it.  If it's enabled, you'll see everything stored there in the Finder window, and you can drag your TS4 game folder out.  (If you've already disabled iCloud, you'll need to sign in, click through a bunch of options, and then check the box that says iCloud Drive for the files to show up.)  When you're done, be sure to disable iCloud or change its options through System Preferences, as I linked above.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (1,614 Views)