Re: sims 4 keeps crashing during gameplay on mac

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

sims 4 keeps crashing during gameplay on mac

★ Novice

I started a new save file and my game keeps crashing. I do have CC in my game however, it wasn't crashing until I started this new file. This will be my third save file. I can play for about 20 minutes or so before it crashes. My last crash txt is attached. I've been making sims and trying to put them in the game when it crashes.

Message 1 of 5 (1,209 Views)

Hero

Hi @Madi7478

moved your thread to the Sims 4 mac forum as you posted in A Way Out.

Could you post your Mac's specs

To find the info about your Mac click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop then select About This Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,190 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Madi7478, due to recent updates and patches to the game, some of your CC may be conflicting with something else causing the game to crash. Try moving your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and do NOT delete it as this is where your saved games are stored. Next start up the game and allow a new Sims 4 folder to generate. Start up a new game remembering that none of your CC, saved games, etc will be present. Try to see if you can play for longer than 20 minutes and if anything else unusual happens. You can either save and quit the game or just quit the game.

If your game plays fine for longer than 20 minutes, then it probably is due to a bad piece of CC or outdated Mod. Unfortunately, there is not a program written to run on the Mac OS to identify bad CC. That will require you to manually cull your CC to identify the bad CC. When I have to do this, I add back only about 10 pieces back at a time, start up my game and see if it runs ok. I keep doing this until I can't get the game to start and play. It will then narrow down the bad CC to one of the last pieces you just added.

Please post back here to let us know if this solved your issue or if you need further assistance.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 5 (1,173 Views)

★ Novice

I posted a screenshot

Message 4 of 5 (1,164 Views)

★ Novice

I'll give that a try.

Message 5 of 5 (1,161 Views)