Re: sims 4 game freezing few minutes in (MacBook)

by juliaslayqueen

Original Post

sims 4 game freezing few minutes in (MacBook)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have had TS4 installed on my MacBook (2020) for over a year now, and having been playing with zero issues and little lag. Over the past week every time I have tried to play the game it is has crashed a few minutes in. I have repaired the game multiple time, started a brand new save file, and even uninstalled the game and tried to play without CC or anything on a brand new game, but it is still crashing. I have tried to use all the suggestions on this forum, i.e. cleaning out my cache folder, localthumbcache.package etc etc, but even on a brand new game that has been wiped of CC and is a brand new save file I am unable to get past five minutes or so of gameplay- at the moment I am unable to get past even CAS. The game doesn't seem to crash completely, but becomes unresponsive. I can still hear the music of the gameplay in the background and see the frozen gameplay, but my cursor becomes the rainbow wheel and I am unable to continue, and have to force quit the application. Please help, I have no clue how to solve this issue.

Message 1 of 3 (514 Views)

@gcoops2

Mac with M1 chip?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not know what mine is but the exact same thing is happening to me I have a MacBook Air 2017.

Message 3 of 3 (339 Views)