Betreff: sims 4 furniture in build mode is gone?

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

sims 4 furniture in build mode is gone?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? It's overall fine
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. i am not able to buy furniture in building mode.
How is this making it more difficult? i can't decorate my house for certain seasons.
How can we reproduce this experience? i don't know.

after the new update, when i go into build mode, i can only move furniture and walls, it doesn't show the option to buy furniture at the bottom :c

Message 1 of 4 (1,589 Views)

Re: sims 4 furniture in build mode is gone?

★★★★★ Newbie
cool
Message 2 of 4 (1,401 Views)

@mimisugars

I moved your thread to the Sims Mac board.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 4 (1,395 Views)

Champion

@mimisugars , you did not state if you use CC or Mods. If you do, please try the following.

Move your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! This is where your saved games are stored. Next start up the game remembering that none of your saved games, CC or Mods will be present. Start a new game and see if you can then decorate or build a new home. If you can, then play for about an hour to make sure that no other issues are present in your game and either save or quit. More than likely some piece of CC or a mod is preventing you from buying furniture. If this is the case, you will need to cull your CC/mods.

Unfortunately, there is not a program designed to work on the Mac OS to identify bad CC. You will need to manually cull your CC. To do this, add back your saved games to the new Sims 4 folder that generated in Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4. Next double check that any Mods you use are up to date. Add those back, start up your game and insure that everything is ok before starting back to adding back your CC. Quit the game before trying to add back any CC. From your Desktop folder, add in a few pieces of CC (no more than 10 pieces at a time), start up the game and insure that all is working correctly. Continue to do this until you either add everything back and the game works fine or if the problem returns. If the problem returns, then it would be one of the last pieces of CC you added back and you can eliminate the bad CC from that last batch.

Please respond back if this solved your issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (1,369 Views)