sims 4 crashing + ui color glitch

by s0phva

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 crashing + ui color glitch

★ Apprentice

okay so after cottage living came out, my sims 4 has been crashing mid-game. it's not right when i open it, it happens randomly, maybe an hour or two hours into gameplay. the only time it didn't happen was when i constantly saved. i can't just take my mods out and wait for an hour to see if it crashes, so idk if there's any conflicting mods that cause this, but pls lmk.

also, my ui turned green after cottage living patch too. it's not a huge problem, but it sure is annoying and hard to look at. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,609 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 crashing + ui color glitch

@s0phva

Update Big Sur to the current version via System Preferences.

Also make sure vsync is enabled, maybe you're having the known issue here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/-WORKAROUND-game-Mac-freezes-on-Mac-with-M1-chip/m-p/...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,409 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

also i did update my ui cheats extension, , and lgbtq mod when they were corrected for the patch

Message 2 of 10 (1,598 Views)

@s0phva  Is there any pattern to what's happening in-game when it crashes?  For example, maybe you get a crash when your sims travel, or when they switch to a certain outfit.  But yes, it can be difficult to troubleshoot a crashing issue when the crashes happen infrequently.

The green UI is a mod-related issue.  Please test without UI Cheats, and delete localthumbcache.package too.  If that doesn't help, remove any other mods that change the user interface as well as any mods by TwistedMexi, and delete localthumbcache again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 10 (1,552 Views)

★ Apprentice

thank you, taking out ui cheats worked. and no, there's no pattern.  i'll just be playing normally when it crashes.

Message 4 of 10 (1,520 Views)

@s0phva  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

The dxdiag may or may not have any useful info about the crashes, but it's worth checking anyway.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 10 (1,506 Views)

★ Apprentice

hi, sorry it took so long to respond, im on vacation. i don't think i'll be able to run a dxdiag considering im on a mac not a windows computer, thank you for trying though!

Message 6 of 10 (1,465 Views)

@s0phva 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 10 (1,438 Views)

★ Apprentice
  • Operating System (Version): MacOS Big Sur 11.2
  • Mac model: MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
  • Processor: Apple M1
  • Memory (RAM): 8 GB
  • Graphics: Apple M1 (that's what it said in system report)

•  
  • Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition? 
  • normal version
  • Are you running any antivirus? 
  • no
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. 
  • no
  • Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?
  • yes, but for the crashing glitch i can't tell considering it happens randomly and can take over an hour of gameplay for it to crash. ui glitch was solved by taking out ui cheats extension.

Message 8 of 10 (1,429 Views)

@s0phva

Update Big Sur to the current version via System Preferences.

Also make sure vsync is enabled, maybe you're having the known issue here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/-WORKAROUND-game-Mac-freezes-on-Mac-with-M1-chip/m-p/...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 10 (1,410 Views)

★ Apprentice

thank u so much!! i didnt realize i had vsync disabled!! i updated big sur and turned it on, thank you again!

Message 10 of 10 (1,377 Views)