Re: sims 4 cas slider glitch

by jokeiscool

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 cas slider glitch

★★★ Novice

I have been playing the sims 4 a lot more recently, I went into the create a sim to finish a family I was working on. While I was trying to move parts of their body on the slider my game just slows down and gives little to no response. Even when I try to move the camera with my cursor it starts going crazy. when I removed my mods folder, nothing changed. I don't know if this has to do with me using a MacBook but I have been trying to figure this out for almost 3 hours someone please help me!

Message 1 of 7 (3,112 Views)

Accepted Solution

@jokeiscool

Move the whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launch a brand new clean game, how is it in CAS?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (2,970 Views)

All Replies

@jokeiscool 

It could be that your Mac is struggling with running the game. Please can you provide more information about it. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

As well as removing your Mods folder you should also trash the localthumbcache.pcakage file.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 7 (3,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  • Operating System (Version) Mac OS Catalina
  • Mac model MacBook Pro 15' (Mid 2015)
  • Processor 

2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

• Memory (RAM) 

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

• Graphics 

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

• 15" MacBook Pro users - click on System Report then Graphics/Displays in the left side list. If your Mac has dedicated graphics this will show up as either NVIDIA or AMD in the right side window, please list the specification here as well.

• Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition? Normal version
  • Are you running any antivirus? No
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. No
  • Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem? I use mods it shows no difference

When I tried to remove what you told me the lag was gone but moving my sims was still partially an issue

Message 3 of 7 (3,052 Views)

@jokeiscool

So you still had the lag with no mods and a new localthumbcache.package file (it recreates when you launch the game)? How about if you lower your in-game graphics option?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 7 (3,023 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found the issue with my sliders to be cc I got but moving my sims with my cursor is still an issue even with lowering my graphics

Message 5 of 7 (3,007 Views)

@jokeiscool

Move the whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launch a brand new clean game, how is it in CAS?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 7 (2,971 Views)

★★★ Novice

this worked thank you!

Message 7 of 7 (2,936 Views)