Re: sims 4 can’t load save game on mac

by vanssocks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 can’t load save game on mac

★ Novice

hi!

i want to play with my new sims packs in my save games, but the game won’t load them. i’ve looked on the internet and there it said to try and move the save games to my local folder. i did it, so i guess it’s not on the icloud anymore, but it still doesn’t load when i open the game. 

however, every time i open the game it does make a new folder so i know the game saves the new sims 4 folders in my local documents folder. i just can’t get my sims 4 to work anymore and i find it really frustrating because i just want to play the sims with my new packs and my older sims…

does anyone know how i can change it? my laptop is currently running on macOS big sur. 

Message 1 of 3 (772 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

thanks to anyone who answered, but i fixed it!

i just copied my other save games to the new folder that sims opened when i started the game since he reads that one. it works now!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (728 Views)

All Replies

@vanssocks 

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*The Sims 4*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (752 Views)

★ Novice

thanks to anyone who answered, but i fixed it!

i just copied my other save games to the new folder that sims opened when i started the game since he reads that one. it works now!

Message 3 of 3 (729 Views)