Re: sims 4 November 2019 crashing Mac

by elizabethmayc

Original Post

★★★ Novice

My game has started doing it again, getting to loading a household in then just quitting itself and taking me back to origin. I’ve done all the processes I did before, moving the folder to desktop, updating Mac software, re-installing and re-setting origin, repairing game but nothing seems to be working. I just bought cats and dogs the night before yesterday and it was working fine for hours but then yesterday just stopped working. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance! 

Message 31 of 40 (964 Views)

@elizabethmayc

Set up a new Administrator user account on your Mac and see if you can play in that account.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 32 of 40 (943 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will this mean that my Saves won’t be there? X

Message 33 of 40 (930 Views)

@elizabethmayc

Yes, but they will be safe in your current user account. You need to try a brand new clean game in a new user account to see if it is something interfering in your current user account.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 34 of 40 (912 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I ended up trying to play another family for an hour or so, that worked perfectly fine then went back to the one I originally wanted to play and it just won’t load. Seems to be a problem with that household in particular as I have made a new household which is working fine also. is there any way to restore a previous save on a household? As it was being odd before it stopped working, the fastest time going really slow etc. Thanks in advance 

Message 35 of 40 (858 Views)

@elizabethmayc

See Crin's blog page here about saves, it is wonderfully informative Standard smile https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 36 of 40 (819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is currently May, and I've been having this issue for months. 

My Sims game was running fine for months and then stopped working randomly. It used to not happen very frequently, but now I am at the point where I can't even play the game anymore. 

I can't even use my Mac if the Sims 4 app is open, otherwise, my whole computer crashes and says "Your Mac restarted because of a problem."

Since it has been a few months, is there a way to fix this? I have gone through a few different threads and I'm still not really sure what to do. 

Here is my Mac information:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

My Origin app is 10.5.70 

Thank you!

Message 37 of 40 (692 Views)

@m1ssserendipity

If your Mac is restarting it is because a serious system error occurred and it closed down to prevent any damage.

Which macOS are you running? Have you moved your Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launched a completely new clean game?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 38 of 40 (668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem aswell. It's only one family I can't play with, the other works fine. Haven't been able to play without buggs since forever. Done all the updates, but can't manage to get it to work as it should. 

Message 39 of 40 (624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i got a mac in december and only just brought a hard drive to play sims, first nothing would download and now im able to play but as soon as i make a sim and move into a mouse 10 seconds later the game has crashed 

Message 40 of 40 (488 Views)