Re: sims 4 November 2019 crashing Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

My game was working completely fine until today- 3 days of playing university with no problems. Now as soon as I open up a household it closes to the world selection screen. No idea what is going on- I have no mods installed and re-started the game. 

Message 21 of 40 (1,311 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have got this issue too. I haven't played in ages and went on to play today, created a family but as soon as I go to play them in a household, the game just disappears and takes me back to my desktop. I have tried all the fixes I can see and nothing is working, I've spent about 8 hours trying to fix this today. Does anyone have any more answers? Really want to play!

Message 22 of 40 (1,069 Views)
Highlighted

@elizabethmayc

Which version of macOS are you running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 23 of 40 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Novice

Finally got it working after about 10 hours! I was running Mojave 10.9.6, I think, can’t remember!  now on Mojave 10.14.6. Uninstalled Origin and installed again after updating operating system and all works fine now. Yay!! 

Message 24 of 40 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, so now I remember why I stopped playing it before! After a while of playing it will just crash on an action and I can’t do anything apart from turn my computer off to get out of it. Do you know why this might be? It’s so frustrating! Last night I managed to play for a couple hours with no issues and now this morning this is happening! 

Message 25 of 40 (1,014 Views)

@elizabethmayc

Do you play with CC? Have you tried a completely new clean game by moving your Sims 4 folder to the desktop so the game creates a new one?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 26 of 40 (996 Views)

★★★ Novice

No CC, and yep did that yesterday. I managed to play again for a few hours so hopefully it was just a one off! 

Message 27 of 40 (977 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm experiencing the same exact issue since November with that update and I'm SO frustrated!!! goddamn, any updates? 

Message 28 of 40 (813 Views)

★★★ Novice

My MacBook Pro 16 inch is having the same problems. It will run everything something then when I get to load screens it freezes and crashes. sometimes the textures will glitch and go uncrazy. the game has been unplayable for a few days 

Message 29 of 40 (669 Views)

@BryNikaMua 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 30 of 40 (648 Views)