Re: sims 4 November 2019 crashing Mac

by robynsessler

Original Post

★★ Novice
@JessicaMeigs literally same! I am so upset and I really hope this gets fixed. Just silence from EA and it's really upsetting when everyone else can play University and you can't.
Message 11 of 40 (2,301 Views)

Re: sims crashing on my Mac since patch on 12th November

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing Sims quite happily without any problems until very recently and the only thing I can think of is that patch on 12th November.  I don't play online and I don't download anything either.  I have only ever downloaded the freebies.  My Sims loads up and I can create new characters but once I start to play, the game just crashes.  I got help from EA who told me to "Reset Origin Client" but this hasn't worked and I am just so fed up now.  Now I see that I am not alone so there is clearly a problem with something and I think it must be that patch.

Message 12 of 40 (2,244 Views)

@alyby14

Forget the legacy version, your Mac supports Metal.

Move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop and try to launch your game - does it work? It should be like new with none of your saves, they are safe in the folder you moved.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 40 (8,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm adding my voice so that folks can get a better count of how many people are being affected by this problem.

I had a similar issue to @alyby14 . Not only did the game crash after attempting to load a household, but any image or text that moved in the game flickered and glitched, making it virtually impossible to play the game. It looked like the binary rendering of The Matrix lol. This has never happened until now, so I have to think the problem has to do with the November 2019 update. I did try @Bluebellflora's suggestion of dragging the Sims 4 folder to the desktop, and that seems to have helped!

Below are my computer's specs:

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

iMac -- 21.5-inch, late 2015

2.8 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

Thanks to those of you on here with expertise who volunteer to help people like me out when we come here in a panic. I appreciate you all, as well as everyone who takes the time to post their experiences and specs. It helps to know I'm not the only one who has issues.

Message 14 of 40 (2,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm running into this problem as well. My mac completely freezes when the game launches. I deleted all custom content and then tried uninstalling/re-installing the game, but the freeze keeps happening. 

Message 15 of 40 (2,084 Views)

★★ Novice
@alyby14 I just got off an EA chat (the second one i tried) and they weren't able to help me fix this issue either. They just told me to wait for the next update because a lot of people are having issues🙄😡The last update is what ruined everything. I can't play for more than 3-5 minutes.
Message 16 of 40 (2,053 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

same as well, but my Mac Catalina 10.15.2 freezes when I try and record for the 2nd time. It just randomly freezes on me so I had to force shut down my Mac.

Message 17 of 40 (1,954 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. I haven't been able to play Sims 4 since the last previous updates. The game will load and start fine, but as soon as my family lot loads the game crashes. I uninstalled it, did a reset, tried it on a different account on my Mac. Still crashes, even when I made a brand new person just for testing, with no mods or anything as if it was a new game. Placed them in a home, started to play with them. Once the house loads, it crashed again. I hope they fix this issue because this is awful, can't even play a game that was working just fine before they decided to update it. It's beyond frustrating too. 

Message 18 of 40 (1,851 Views)

★★ Novice

Like previous people, adding my voice so they realize how big of a problem this is! I just bought Sims 4 when it was on sale the other day. I’ve tried every single fix that’s been suggested on this website and nothing has worked. I’m so frustrated! I can’t play for more than like five minutes. Hopefully they fix this issue soon because they’ve basically screwed over everyone with a Mac!

Message 19 of 40 (1,810 Views)

@jessiemay21 @RF2291 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 20 of 40 (1,848 Views)