sims 4 November 2019 crashing Mac

by alyby14

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

sims 4 November 2019 crashing Mac

★★ Novice

sims 4 is launching put if I try to play a household or edit a house my game will start to load then it will crash. Im currently running macOS Catalina 10.15.1. I have tried to repair sims 4 and logging out and reset my computer.

Message 1 of 40 (6,383 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 November 2019 crashing Mac

@alyby14

Forget the legacy version, your Mac supports Metal.

Move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop and try to launch your game - does it work? It should be like new with none of your saves, they are safe in the folder you moved.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 13 of 40 (8,101 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I am having this same problem. I have no mods or CC and have repaired my game. 

Message 2 of 40 (6,372 Views)

★★ Novice

Same, my game was running perfectly before I downloaded University pack but now all of a sudden my game keeps crashing. 

Message 3 of 40 (6,344 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried manually updating it that did not work then I tried contacting ea and the wait was 6 and half hours

Message 4 of 40 (6,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@alyby14  @yannasgame  @mfcalhoun 

Have you tried a factory reset? 

Instructions here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/ 

This is for Windows, but it's basically the same for a Mac.

Message 5 of 40 (6,292 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@alyby14 I have the same problem. I use no mods/cc and happens all the time I open the gallery. I started a new save, repaired my game, installed my game on my boyfriends computer to test it out and... it still crashes. I play on a MacBook Air early 2014 and I also tried on a MacBook Pro (both updated and with all the recommended requirements to play checked) and it doesn’t work:/
Message 6 of 40 (6,273 Views)

★★ Novice

if I do that will I lose all of my saves?

Message 7 of 40 (6,194 Views)

★★ Novice

I was asked by the EA Help people over on Twitter to comment here with the details of my own issue with The Sims 4.

I am currently running a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) with a 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 processor and Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB.

When EA pushed the update last week (prior to Discover University's release), my EA Origin app automatically updated The Sims 4 with the patch release.

After this update, whenever I try to play Sims 4, the game crashes on me. Most of the time, this seems to happen after I've loaded a saved game, selected the household, and hit the play button. It will let me play one or two minutes, then crash. I don't get an error report when this happens, just a message that the game has unexpectedly closed. This JUST started with the patch update before Discover University. On top of that, I haven't been able to play Discover University because the game crashing has lost all the progress I manage to get in the span of the two minutes that it lets me play.

I have no custom content installed and no mods installed.

I have repaired the game (multiple times) and am checking for updates daily.

I have also made sure the game was set to run in laptop mode as instructed by EA Help on Twitter and it is still crashing.

I have created an entirely new save file in case the save file I was trying to use was corrupted. No dice; it is still crashing no matter what I do.

I'm at a loss, and the folks on EA Help on Twitter seem to be at a loss. They said that my computer SHOULD be able to support the game, that there's no technical reason it shouldn't be able to be played on my computer. I do not have the Legacy Edition installed, as I have been told that I don't need it, as my computer meets the requirements for the non-Legacy version of the game.

They weren't able to help me over on Twitter but asked that I post here so they can track and review the problem, as they've been seeing reports of what appears to be a bug from quite a few other people.

I really, really hope this is fixed and fixed soon, because I haven't been able to play since Friday and haven't gotten the opportunity to check out the new expansion pack I paid $40+ for last week. Frown 

Message 8 of 40 (6,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@alyby14I have the same problem! Frown I can't play lots without my computer crashing. I'm also having some issues with CAS

Message 9 of 40 (6,129 Views)

★★ Novice

so I did download legacy to see if that would help but it did not I'm running MacBook Pro 13'' (2017) with a 2.3 GHz duel-core intel core i5 and Intel iris plus graphics 640 1536MB

Message 10 of 40 (6,074 Views)