Re: sims 3 won't launch with expantion packs

by fons_garmo

Original Post

sims 3 won't launch with expantion packs

★ Novice

I while ago I downloaded, and successfully have been playing, sims 3 with the expansion packs supernatural, ambitions, and pets. Then I had to have my computer reset due to a battery issue. Now, after re-downloading and installing the game and all three expansion packs, it tells me that they might not be compatible, and won't play when I try to launch. instead a window pops up that says "An unknown error has occurred".

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the games twice now. When I only had supernatural installed it opened just fine, but then when I installed ambitions it would not. Both expansion packs gave me the warning that they might not be compatible when I was installing them, but again,  supernatural didn't have any problem launching. I don't know what the problem is.

Message 1 of 4 (482 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @hersera126,

Are you playing on Windows or Mac?

Message 2 of 4 (449 Views)

★ Novice

Oh sorry, a mac.

Message 3 of 4 (427 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@hersera126.

Thank you Standard smile I moved the thread to The Sims Mac board

We'll need more info about your Mac. Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on "More Info" depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

Message 4 of 4 (420 Views)