sims 3 will not run on os x el capitan?

by c7ebd52562478fed

Original Post

sims 3 will not run on os x el capitan?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I am running two macs - one early 2013 iMac which is running OS X el capitan and a late 2010 macbook pro also running OS X el capitan.

Neither of them will now run the sims 3.

I can get to the launch page, press play, and the loading screen appears for 2 seconds (literally), then the screen goes black, and the game has closed itself down. I have to then force quit (cmd + alt + esc) to leave the black screen. 

Has anyone got any solutions to fixing this?

Neither are struggling processor wise, and they ran perfectly before the software update to el capitan and they are both running the latest patch that came out from EA. I'll be a bit disappointed if there's no more support because of sims 4 for mac users, especially as I love my families I've built in this game Frown

Message 1 of 2 (715 Views)

Re: sims 3 will not run on os x el capitan?

@c7ebd52562478fed

A lot of people had issues after upgrading to El Capitan, me included. I had to reinstall all my Store content then it worked again.

Move your Sims 3 folder out from Documents > Electronic Arts then try launching the game. It should be like a brand new game again but your saves are safe in the folder you moved out. Let me know how that goes Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (708 Views)