sims 3 mac installer stuck

by priya10ag

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 mac installer stuck

★★ Novice

My Sims 3 installer is stuck at 841 of 889 files on mac. I tried force quitting and reinstalling, but not working. Please help.

Message 1 of 35 (18,026 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 3 mac installer stuck

★★★★★ Novice

Well i was going to do it over a voice chat program but ill do my best to do it in text.

Start finder

Press: shift cmd c   at the same time

click: Macintosh HD

click: Library

click: Application Support

click the drop down for origin

i only had the sims on my origin so i draged the orign folder to the bin for a fresh start but i believe that you could just drag The Sim 3 stuff and anything with the sims in the name, as i found the problem is the digital download and if you stop start the download it will  crash the installer and get stuck. So redownload with no stops or pauseing that was the soultion that worked for me. hope this helped.

View in thread

Message 5 of 35 (18,994 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Please help someone..i have been downloading the game since 4 days. And now that it got downloaded, its not getting installed.

Message 2 of 35 (17,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

i fixed mine and ill help you, do you have skype/xbox chat or a phone so you can give me a call my email is:  send me a email and ill show you how i fixed mine.

Message 3 of 35 (17,808 Views)

Hero

Why don't you share for everyone ? There's lots of people that have this issue and I'm sure, each and everyone would appreciate a solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (17,805 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well i was going to do it over a voice chat program but ill do my best to do it in text.

Start finder

Press: shift cmd c   at the same time

click: Macintosh HD

click: Library

click: Application Support

click the drop down for origin

i only had the sims on my origin so i draged the orign folder to the bin for a fresh start but i believe that you could just drag The Sim 3 stuff and anything with the sims in the name, as i found the problem is the digital download and if you stop start the download it will  crash the installer and get stuck. So redownload with no stops or pauseing that was the soultion that worked for me. hope this helped.

Message 5 of 35 (18,995 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i might make a video and ill put it on youtube today if i get time.

Message 6 of 35 (17,798 Views)

★★★★ Pro

So then the solution is manually uninstalling Origin from your Mac.  

Directions for that are here: https://help.ea.com/article/how-do-i-manually-remove-a-game-from-my-games-on-origin-using-mac

Also, to do a clean uninstall of any Sims games on a Mac you can follow these directions: http://bluebellflora.wordpress.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-...

Message 7 of 35 (17,796 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think its to do with the download, if you pause it or stop it in anyway the install wont work.

Message 8 of 35 (17,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I would love to recieve your personal guide through this on skype. I am having the same problem and my instilation has stopped at 841 files... My skype (removed by EA Staff for security reasons).... Reply hack soon and i really hope you cam help me play this game since i have spent a good amount of money on it

Message 9 of 35 (17,708 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I added you.

Message 10 of 35 (17,698 Views)