Re: sims 3 game/bin nowhere to be found

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 game/bin nowhere to be found

★★★ Novice

i can't find my bin everywhere. i've searched everywhere and it's nowhere. i know it exists because the game wouldn't work if it weren't. i've went into properties and looked in every folder but it's not there. i need to get to that folder. there are zip bin files but i don't think they have anything to do with the game bin. i'm begging for help. 

Message 1 of 5 (6,927 Views)

Accepted Solution

@hannahsimmer101  There is no Bin folder in Sims 3 64-bit.  That's a Windows folder, as in, it's part of a typical Windows file structure that isn't commonly used (or maybe at all) in macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (6,853 Views)

All Replies

@akechiapologist  Are you playing the Mac version (and which one) or the Windows version of Sims 3?  The Bin folder exists in Windows installs as well as in the 32-bit Mac version, but not 64-bit.

If you're playing in Windows, open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter TS3W in the search field in the upper right corner of your screen.  Click on the result, click "Open file location," and you'll land in the Bin folder.

For 32-bit Mac, right-click on the Sims 3.app in Applications and select Show Package Contents, then open:

Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game

If you're playing the 64-bit version, please describe what you're trying to do, and I'll try to help... unless it's installing the "Sims 3 Smooth patch," in which case I'm sorry to say it won't work in this version.

Message 2 of 5 (6,893 Views)

★ Novice

im looking for the sin folder for sims 3 64 version but don't know where its located 

Message 3 of 5 (6,867 Views)

sims 3 bin folder on imac

★ Novice

cant find the bin folder for imac for sims 3 any ideas?

Message 4 of 5 (6,857 Views)

@hannahsimmer101  There is no Bin folder in Sims 3 64-bit.  That's a Windows folder, as in, it's part of a typical Windows file structure that isn't commonly used (or maybe at all) in macOS.

Message 5 of 5 (6,854 Views)