sims 3 64bit metal “connecting”

by zobellagio

Original Post

sims 3 64bit metal “connecting”

★★★ Newbie

i’ve had countless problems with this game but the big one is this  connecting screen that stays up forever. i don’t know what to do please help. 

Message 1 of 7 (896 Views)

Re: sims 3 64bit metal “connecting”

[ Edited ]

@zobellagio  Technically, you don't need to sign in to play.  The only reasons to do it are to send gifts to friends, to earn in-game badges, and to use the Sims 3 Store shopping feature.  Otherwise, you can skip the feature entirely.

If you do want to use it, try clearing Safari's cache.  If that doesn't help, try changing your password to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc.  The connection does take a while to go through sometimes, but it does (usually) still work in the end.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (861 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict it’s not about signing in to any account, it’s on the second loading screen. and it never connects.
Message 3 of 7 (856 Views)

@zobellagio  That "connecting" is what happens when you try to sign in at the Main Menu.  If you're not signing in, maybe you did once and clicked "remember me" or something similar?  The game should never try to connect unless you tell it to do so.

Message 4 of 7 (852 Views)

★★ Novice
@zobellagio You know I’m thinking about getting a crap laptop just to pay this game old school with the flipping cd as it’s just a nightmare these days
Message 5 of 7 (691 Views)

★★ Novice

This is what the dudes talking about. I literally spend hours waiting for the game to connect and just actually can’t be bothered any more. I have not ticked remember me. ever. I even went back and made sure. It’s ridiculous. No clue what to do about it other than buy an old machine to run it with the disc like back in the day rather than use my Mac. I couldn’t play for several years due to the incompatibility until the metal 64 came out. But it’s also crap because when I am actually ‘allowed’ to play by the gods of the computer system, it is cool for a while and I’m really into it maxing out all those skills and what not, then BOOM. It freezes, dies and I lose all my stuff right back to the grass I built the house on. It’s getting to the point where I’ll never play the game again. 

Message 6 of 7 (679 Views)

@bunnykin4u  For the connecting issue, go into Applications > Utilities, open Keychain Access, search for sims , and delete any entries you see with sims3 in the name.

For the crashing, I can try to help if you want, and in that case, please list the full specs of your Mac (everything under About This Mac except for the serial number) as well as the packs you've installed and the world you're playing in.  It's also a good idea to save often in any version of Sims 3; the game has never been perfectly stable.

If you're looking for a Windows laptop to play on instead, make sure it meets the actual requirements rather than the ones EA lists.  There's a sizable gap between the two, and it would be disappointing to spend your money on something that can't run Sims 3 any better than your Mac.  I can help with that too if you'd like.

Message 7 of 7 (670 Views)