Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

sims 3 64bit launcher will not install downloaded content

by martian11

Original Post

sims 3 64bit launcher will not install downloaded content

★★★ Novice

hello again...

playing sims3 64 bit on my macbook pro

had a few items installed, trying to keep it minimal then i got greedy and i broke it now i have lost my game.

i had monte vista, 2 lots, a couple of items from TSR.

one lot downloaded fine, the other didnt show up in edit world, but the items from that lot showed up in game and in the installer.

now I have downloaded a couple things from TS3 store, i thought it was fine because the launcher appeared, the items appeared in the downloader okay.

now when i tick the boxes as normal, then go click install... nothing happens! it doesn't give me that second window.

so i did what i saw on another thread and moved the sims3 folder out of documents onto desktop, then tried installing one item - the smallest. and i have had no luck! & because I was playing in monte vista, I guess thats my whole game gone :'(

So items download okay but won't install in the launcher. the next thing i noticed when i click install, it just brings up the origin window. nothing happens in there either. If i quit origin, it just opens again next time i click install. it still responds and everything.

Message 1 of 11 (457 Views)

Re: sims 3 64bit launcher will not install downloaded content

@martian11  When you click Install and nothing happens, does it help to close the launcher (but not Origin) and reopen it?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (454 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict no change Frown
Thank you for responding
Message 3 of 11 (442 Views)

@martian11  Please try downloading an item using a different browser; Firefox has always worked well with the store for me.  Use another clean Sims 3 folder, just to be thorough.

Do you have iCloud running and set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage?  If so, please disable at least the auto syncing.  This guide is for a different category of issue, but the relevant settings are the same:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If that doesn't help, or you don't have iCloud running, try downloading the content into a new admin user account on your Mac.  You'll still be able to sign into your existing Origin account and your account on the Sims 3 Store site, but please don't sign into any other apps or services or move over any other data.

Message 4 of 11 (432 Views)

★★★ Novice

been trying a few times and finally got this error message: Sims3Launcher/Strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesfail:Text

Message 5 of 11 (431 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I did have icloud on, but have turned it off now.
It has not resolved this problem.
I'll try creating another account now.
Message 6 of 11 (415 Views)

@martian11  I noticed in your screenshot that you were installing both store and custom content at the same time, and perhaps a number of items.  The error message is supposed to be related to custom content using items from packs that aren't currently installed, although it sporadically happens for no apparent reason in the 64-bit version of Sims 3.

The point is, try installing only one store item, nothing from the Exchange or from an outside source, and see what happens.

Message 7 of 11 (384 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I have tried installing one at a time, starting with the smallest cc item and small store items individually.

There is no issue downloading content, it appears in the launcher instantly. The issue is with installing.
Message 8 of 11 (372 Views)

@martian11  The downloads could still be corrupted, although that's less likely if you've tried multiple browsers.

Anyway, do you use an antivirus or a cleaner app on your Mac?  If so, please let me know which one(s).

Please also let me know if your store account is not the same as the Origin account that installed the game.  (Some people have more than one account.)  If that's the case, you wouldn't be able to install the content because it's encrypted, and the base game product key needs to match the one on the store account.

Message 9 of 11 (358 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Have now tried using a different mac user account. Without appleID logged in.
I tried using a completely different download from the sims resource. The same download i have used a previous time and it has worked no problem.

The first time the install window opened and it said it was successful but the content did not show in the game or in the installed content list.
When i try and install the same item again, The installer window doesnt show any more. I tried installing store content through firefox browser and it now comes up as an error.

Same downloads that worked when i was on 32bit sims before i upgraded to big sur

Sims3 store log in is the same as ea log in.

I have Ccleaner installed.
Message 10 of 11 (350 Views)
Twitter Stream