Re: sims 3 64bit launcher will not install downloaded content

by martian11

Original Post

@martian11  Please try downloading an item using a different browser; Firefox has always worked well with the store for me.  Use another clean Sims 3 folder, just to be thorough.

Do you have iCloud running and set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage?  If so, please disable at least the auto syncing.  This guide is for a different category of issue, but the relevant settings are the same:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If that doesn't help, or you don't have iCloud running, try downloading the content into a new admin user account on your Mac.  You'll still be able to sign into your existing Origin account and your account on the Sims 3 Store site, but please don't sign into any other apps or services or move over any other data.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 341 of 402 (816 Views)

★★★★ Novice

been trying a few times and finally got this error message: Sims3Launcher/Strings/kWarn_VerifyEPDependenciesfail:Text

Message 342 of 402 (815 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I did have icloud on, but have turned it off now.
It has not resolved this problem.
I'll try creating another account now.
Message 343 of 402 (799 Views)

Re: Can't install Sims 3 Store Store Purchased Content on Mac (64 bit-Metal)

★★★★ Apprentice

i just downloaded sims 3 for mac metal, and I when i try to download custom CC it doesnt work and says "error occured" and brings forward the origin screen and doesnt let me download. I repaired the game and it didnt work. Here is a picture of the inside of the "installer data' file for origin attached. Im not sure how to fix this issue

Message 344 of 402 (665 Views)

Re: Sims 3 store content won't do

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I tried that creating a new user/admin, login repair,delete, and those steps it still didn't work. Even the game won't let me login to my account. it shows my account at the launcher screen, but once in it, when i try logging in it tells me invalid login info.

Message 345 of 402 (472 Views)

@martian11  I noticed in your screenshot that you were installing both store and custom content at the same time, and perhaps a number of items.  The error message is supposed to be related to custom content using items from packs that aren't currently installed, although it sporadically happens for no apparent reason in the 64-bit version of Sims 3.

The point is, try installing only one store item, nothing from the Exchange or from an outside source, and see what happens.

Message 346 of 402 (768 Views)

@Summerxena  Please empty out the Downloads folder inside Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  You can put these files wherever you want, but they need to be moved.  Download one cc item, and if it's from a third-party source, manually place the Sims3Pack in this Downloads folder.  If you're downloading from the Exchange, open the launcher first, then click Download.

When the item appears in the launcher, try to install it, just that one item, nothing else yet.  If it doesn't work, remove the underlying .Sims3Pack from the Downloads folder, close and reopen the launcher, and try again with a different cc item.

Message 347 of 402 (653 Views)

Re: Sims 3 store content won't do

@CassieNahles  You shouldn't need to login to the launcher in order to download content.  I never do that, in macOS or in Windows, and I've never had a problem downloading store stuff.  However, in your case, it may help to change your password, in particular to something that contains only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc.

Once you've done that, trash the new Sims 3 folder you just created, and clear the cache for Safari.  If you have a different browser set as default, clear that one's cache as well.

Message 348 of 402 (470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I am French and I have an IMac. Excuse me for my language mistakes. I believe I understood that American players (and other countries) can play with a 64 bits version of Sims3 by downloading "64 bits and metal" on Origin.... but me, I never had this option offered in Origin !!! Is this normal? France don't have the update?

Thank you in advance

Message 349 of 402 (649 Views)

@laliblablard73  The 64-bit version of Sims 3 should be available in all regions.  It's a separate entry in Origin and says "64-bit" on it:

DL 64-bit.png

If you don't see that version, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask for it.  The important part is to ask for the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version: you don't need a new copy of the game, just the rights to the 64-bit base game.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 350 of 402 (638 Views)