Re: sims 3 64bit launcher will not install downloaded content

by martian11

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 (MAC) won't install store content

★ Apprentice

I honestly apologise, i completely understand what you meant now. I've completely uninstalled AVG, then created a new admin account, loaded up The Sims and it's actually worked! I see what you mean now about how AVG could have interfered, it has loaded up with no problems and you're right, it may have been blocking some kind of feature that i never realised it did. Disabling it didn't seem to prevent that either.

I'm going to leave off installing El Capitan for now, just to see if AVG was my problem all along. I don't know too much at all about updating Mac OS, but i thank you for your advice and help on that. Now i'm back to the original problem of store content installing, i'll try once more to download store content just to see if AVG was causing that problem also.

Again, thank you so much for your help on that!

Message 331 of 394 (398 Views)

Re: Can't Install/Uninstall CC on TS3 64 bit update Mac

★★ Novice

Hello there! 

I have been trying to troubleshoot to figure this out but I just can't I am having the exact problem that is described. When I hover over the second plumbob nothing appears. I have had this issue before but I just can't remember how I fixed the issue

Message 332 of 394 (497 Views)

Re: Can't Install/Uninstall CC on TS3 64 bit update Mac

@blxchs  You need to actually click the second plumbob.

If you can't uninstall custom content this way, there are other approaches that involve removing large bundles of it all at once.  You'd need to reinstall the rest of the content in a given bundle, but it's better than completely starting from scratch.  Let me know if you need more help with the process.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 333 of 394 (485 Views)

Sims 3 store content won't do

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have been having trouble downloading my sims 3 store content to the sims 3 launcher. I have spoken to 3 support staffs and non of them have been able to fix the problem. This is quite frustrating, I've try all the steps to reset orgin, re-download the game, absolutely nothing works.

Message 334 of 394 (471 Views)

Re: Sims 3 store content won't do

@CassieNahles  Please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Move your entire Sims 3 user folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a new folder.  Now, with the launcher still open, try to download and install one store item.

If this doesn't work, try the above process, including the repair, in a new admin user account on your Mac.  You can still sign into the same Origin account, and you shouldn't need to redownload the game.

Message 335 of 394 (461 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've tried all those solution with an ea staff already, and they told me to come here and get a tech to help. I've tried all the steps.

Message 336 of 394 (459 Views)

@CassieNahles  I'm sorry, I'm not going to know what you tried with EA customer support.  I'm just describing the usual place to start.

To clarify though, it's important to repair the game again, as in, after you reset Origin and after you create the new admin user account: the Origin reset tool removes a few files that the repair restores, and the new user account wouldn't have those files at all.  The absence of these particular files is one cause of the error in your screenshot.

Please try downloading the store content using a different browser.  Firefox has always worked well for me, but if you've already tried it, you can use Safari or Chrome instead.

If that doesn't help, let me know whether you've installed a third-party antivirus or a cleaner app.

Message 337 of 394 (447 Views)

sims 3 64bit launcher will not install downloaded content

★★★★ Novice

hello again...

playing sims3 64 bit on my macbook pro

had a few items installed, trying to keep it minimal then i got greedy and i broke it now i have lost my game.

i had monte vista, 2 lots, a couple of items from TSR.

one lot downloaded fine, the other didnt show up in edit world, but the items from that lot showed up in game and in the installer.

now I have downloaded a couple things from TS3 store, i thought it was fine because the launcher appeared, the items appeared in the downloader okay.

now when i tick the boxes as normal, then go click install... nothing happens! it doesn't give me that second window.

so i did what i saw on another thread and moved the sims3 folder out of documents onto desktop, then tried installing one item - the smallest. and i have had no luck! & because I was playing in monte vista, I guess thats my whole game gone :'(

So items download okay but won't install in the launcher. the next thing i noticed when i click install, it just brings up the origin window. nothing happens in there either. If i quit origin, it just opens again next time i click install. it still responds and everything.

Message 338 of 394 (798 Views)

@martian11  When you click Install and nothing happens, does it help to close the launcher (but not Origin) and reopen it?

Message 339 of 394 (794 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict no change Frown
Thank you for responding
Message 340 of 394 (782 Views)