Re: sims 3 64 bit game crashes

by Kiera_Jade9743

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 3 64 bit game crashes

★★ Novice

I read a post about the sims 3 64 bit game freezing and crashing so i listened to the reply and changed my settings to low, and it seemed to run fine for a couple of minutes and then it just crashed.

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)

Processor 1.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i3

Memory 8 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Version Catalina 10.15.7

Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

Message 1 of 5 (397 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Kiera_Jade9743  Did you try at the Main Menu and in-game?  A couple people have reported that cmd-enter doesn't work for them, but it's not clear why.

At any rate, you can edit options.ini to set fullscreen to 0 rather than 1.  The file is in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3; you can open it with TextEdit and cmd-F to search for "fullscreen," which will take you right to the value you need to change.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (356 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Kiera_Jade9743  Does it help to play in windowed mode?  You can switch between fullscreen and windowed by clicking cmd-enter at the Main Menu or once you've loaded a save.  To be specific, windowed mode means you can see the desktop behind the game window.  If you see black bars to either side of the game window, you're in fullscreen mode but using a resolution that your screen doesn't support, so the black bars fill the part of the screen that the game itself isn't using.

Message 2 of 5 (375 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hi I tried to play in windowed mode by pressing command and enter but nothing happened, the window doesn’t change size or anything.
Message 3 of 5 (360 Views)

@Kiera_Jade9743  Did you try at the Main Menu and in-game?  A couple people have reported that cmd-enter doesn't work for them, but it's not clear why.

At any rate, you can edit options.ini to set fullscreen to 0 rather than 1.  The file is in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3; you can open it with TextEdit and cmd-F to search for "fullscreen," which will take you right to the value you need to change.

Message 4 of 5 (357 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Okay I will check both in game and in the main menu and if that doesn’t work I will check the file later, thank you! I will get back to you and let you know if any of it works 😁
Message 5 of 5 (348 Views)