Re: sim won't move after update 7/16/2019

by Pineapple_Stef

Original Post

sim won't move after update 7/16/2019

★★★ Newbie

Someone please help! I just got a new Mac a week ago downloaded my game (that I haven't played in two years) bought a ton of new expansion packs and the game was going good until this morning when it said it had an update. Now my sim will not move, I keep giving her commands and she just stands there looking like an idiot. The other house members seem to be okay but the main one is stuck. Please help me fix this. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,269 Views)

@leslierocks99

Could you right click on the game in your Origin games library and select repair game.

It would help to know which Mac you have. Instructions on how and what to provide here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 10 (1,235 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After the 7/16/19 update I have been having issues on my MacBook as well. My sim also just stands around frozen for a very long time during some tasks, such as trying to have a conversation with another sim. I have no CC or mods in my game. Also, I deleted all the relevant cache folders then went back into the game and the problem still persisted. I tried fixing the game in origin as well after deleting cache files. Did nothing to improve this issue. I tried following the steps that someone posted in another forum dealing with repairing the game, creating new folder & starting a new game, etc. and it seemed to speed up the loading time a bit, but my new sim did not have whims and after a few minutes of gameplay, once again froze on an interaction. This time dancing instead of having a conversation. Also, when trying to play my sim that I first started having the problem with, she was at the beach instead of her home lot and it would take forever (anywhere from 8-12 minutes) to load back into the game. Before the patch, it always took a minute or less regardless what lot my sim(s) was on.

Message 3 of 10 (1,216 Views)

@Pineapple_Stef

Do you have a lot of packs installed and high graphics options? If you trash the Options.ini file and let the game chose the best graphics settings for your Mac, and make sure laptop mode is enabled, does it help?

Whims - go into Gameplay settings and check the box next to Show Whims.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,203 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I have all of the packs installed. I did trash the options.ini file then make sure laptop mode was enabled as you suggested. I then re-started the game and am still having the very prolonged load issue with the sim not on her home lot. I gave up playing that sim and started a new game. So far, no problems loading into that game (on their home lot, haven't tried while they are away yet), but even after following your above suggestions they still sometimes freeze for long periods on some interactions.
Message 5 of 10 (1,184 Views)

@Pineapple_Stef

Does she have a really full inventory? Try emptying it and see if that helps.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,146 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Nope. I've perused some other threads and have tried everything I've found so far with no luck. Small inventory, small lot & house, hardly any clutter in inventory or placed on lot. I even deleted old saves I don't use anymore hoping that might help somehow. No luck so far.
I saw that a lot of Mac users tend to have this problem though. Yesterday, she not only got stuck, but I was speeding up time and she stayed frozen. I had her travel to a different lot and the time skipped back (multiple- about 3- sim hours) and she was moving fine. Brought her back home and sims played normally for awhile again, but then got some freezing issues again later.
Message 7 of 10 (1,142 Views)

@Pineapple_Stef

It's not just a Mac thing, Crin has a whole thread devoted to it here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag/m-p/6918287#M8169...

I would suggest starting a new game unfortunately Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@leslierocks99 i don't know how to prevent it, but this might get your sims to move:
1) press ctrl + shift + c
2) in the white bar that appears type "testingcheats on"
3) shift-click your sim
4) press debug
Message 9 of 10 (964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, but in my game it's all of my sims who won't move or react. I have Googled A LOT and tried all of the things I could find that should help, but none of it does. I can't play my game because they stop moving/reacting every third command and then I have to reset the sim or close the game down. It makes me so sad that I can't play... and I really don't know what to do anymore. 
I have no script mods only CC, but have been trying to remove these, didn't help. I have tried to repair the game, remove folders to the game and create new ones, removed things from the sim's inventory, enabled the laptop-mode, turned the graphics down and a lot of other stuff....... none of it helped.

This btw didn't happen after I installed a new pack, but it started happening after an update to the game.
Please, someone tell me how to fix this..... 

Excuse my perhaps bad English, it's not my main language.

Message 10 of 10 (911 Views)