by crabbyblonde

Original Post

Accepted Solution

save files not recognized

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe edition bonus, Holiday Gift (i had the reaper's guitar thing but it won't show up so idk) EXP: cats & dogs, City Living, Get famous, Get to work, Get together, Seasons, GMP: Dine out, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, SFP: Moscino, My First Pet, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i deleted the most recent save drom after the update, thats it...
What happens when the bug occurs? No save data for that specific (or possibly any other world played after the update) world loads regardless of how recent it is,
What do you expect to see? Ether A different world in resume slot or "start new game" at the home screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updating to latest version of TS4

After playing on the latest update i didn't notice that i was suffering from the rapid aging glitch and saved. After deleting my most recent save, none of my files would show up in-game. and i can't recover the deleted save. no matter what older saves are in the saves folder, none of them show up in game and i don't have a backup of my save game because i put it off over and over, and planed too this week but was unable due to this bug.

Message 1 of 5 (767 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: save files not recognized

@crabbyblonde

Those are all backups. Remove the .Ver so the file only ends in .save and it should load. Would be more helpful to have a screenshot showing a simple list view of the saves folder.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (745 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@crabbyblonde it didn't upload the second screenshot, but it showed that my most recently played saves were missing but the ones i haven't touched in weeks or months stayed.
Message 2 of 5 (762 Views)

@crabbyblonde

Those are all backups. Remove the .Ver so the file only ends in .save and it should load. Would be more helpful to have a screenshot showing a simple list view of the saves folder.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 5 (746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you it's working now, but is this something new? i never had to do this before when removing corrupted saves.

Message 4 of 5 (732 Views)

@crabbyblonde

No, you can restore any backup by removing the .Ver bit.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 5 (725 Views)