Re: "Unsupported video card' on MAC sims 4

by hailster1992

Original Post

"Unsupported video card' on MAC sims 4

★ Apprentice

I don't usually play sims 4 on mac, but I've had it for ages and thought I'd give it a bash again.

Had a lot of trouble last night, game wouldn't even load my created household, although CAS on a new save was fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled both origin and sims 4, and tried to play today. Unsupported video card message pops up, and the graphics are weird. Any new items are looking like the Sanderson sisters at the end of hocus pocus, and the floor has disappeared, and is unclickable. Not really sure what to do, as I'm not particularly tech savvy.

Message 1 of 4 (485 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mac specs:

OS X El Capitan

Processor; 3.2 GHz intel core i5

Memory: 8gb 1867 mhz ddr3

Graphics: AMD radeon r9 m380 2048 mb

Again, not tech savvy so have no idea what this really means. I've uninstalled Sims 4, and am currently redownloading without the legacy edition.

Message 2 of 4 (449 Views)

@hailster1992

Are the graphics spiky? You need to update your macOS to 10.13.6 High Sierra or later to get your game working properly again. Don't upgrade to 10.12.6 Sierra as that also has problems.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The graphics are just ridiculous. Floors missing, objects looking like they've glitches the matrix... I can upgrade to sierra, have no idea how to upgrade to high sierra - can't find it on the app store?

ETA I googled and found it - thank you!!! Someone on reddit old me I'd need a new graphics card, which obviously isn't a viable option right now, so hoping this will fix the issue!!

Message 4 of 4 (399 Views)