"Exception raised"

by StineStonSton

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Exception raised"

★★★★ Novice

Hello can someone please help fixing this? when I am playing my game shuts down and says "Exceptions raised"

Message 1 of 3 (513 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Exception raised"

@StineStonSton  Since this is a mac-specific issue, I've moved your post to the Sims/mac section.

The likely cause of the problem is that you're running out of RAM during gameplay.  No matter how much you have installed, TS3 can only use 2 GB at a time before crashing.  You'll need to monitor memory use in the Activity Monitor while you play and purge RAM periodically to stay under the limit.  When the game gets too close to 2 GB, you'll need to quit to desktop and reload.  Here's how to track and purge RAM:

https://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

If you're consistently under the RAM limit and still getting this error, please post back listing the packs you currently have installed.  Are you still playing on the 13" touchbar macbook pro?  If not, please also list the specs of your system.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (489 Views)

All Replies

@StineStonSton  Since this is a mac-specific issue, I've moved your post to the Sims/mac section.

The likely cause of the problem is that you're running out of RAM during gameplay.  No matter how much you have installed, TS3 can only use 2 GB at a time before crashing.  You'll need to monitor memory use in the Activity Monitor while you play and purge RAM periodically to stay under the limit.  When the game gets too close to 2 GB, you'll need to quit to desktop and reload.  Here's how to track and purge RAM:

https://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

If you're consistently under the RAM limit and still getting this error, please post back listing the packs you currently have installed.  Are you still playing on the 13" touchbar macbook pro?  If not, please also list the specs of your system.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (490 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! it works again

Message 3 of 3 (480 Views)