Re: "Copy to clipboard" button not working

by haileybug7i7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Copy to clipboard" button not working

★★★ Novice

I would just like to firstly say that I'm extremely frustrated with EA and their * customer service.. Anyway, I'm using a mac and was trying to download my Sims 3 expansion packs but the "copy to clipboard" option isn't working. Before you ask "why don't you just type it in?", know that the "Copy to clipboard" option is the only one they gave me so I'm really irritated because I've been searching everywhere for an answer and nothing has appeared. I've tried restarting the app and nothing. Also, I've had the sims 3 game downloaded on my other mac, and never had a problem so idk what's up, maybe it's a bug idk. There was even a point in when I tried to download an expansion pack and when it asked me to type in the serial code I just typed "C" and it downloaded which is really weird and then after downloading 2 out of all of them it stopped working and now I have no other option but to result in going on here to find an answer. If anyone has a solution that would be greatly appreciated because I'm just not for it today and I waited forever to download these games for them to not work. TY in advance

Message 1 of 7 (725 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@blvnco305 We are aware of this issue and it is under investigation. In the meanwhile, please contact an Advisor and they should be able to provide you with the codes after verifying your account ownership:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly select in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Contact Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next'
6. Select topic from the drop down menus, type in a short description of your issue and select 'Next'.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (734 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@blvnco305 We are aware of this issue and it is under investigation. In the meanwhile, please contact an Advisor and they should be able to provide you with the codes after verifying your account ownership:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly select in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Contact Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next'
6. Select topic from the drop down menus, type in a short description of your issue and select 'Next'.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 2 of 7 (735 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have but it recommended me to this forum which is why I posted. Can you please let me know when this will be fixed? 

Message 3 of 7 (710 Views)

EA Staff

@blvnco305 The contact options depend on the type of issue you select. Instead of 'Report a Bug' select for example ' Codes and Promotions. You could also use the following direct link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-sims-3&platform=mac&subject=EP+code+missing&categ...

Let us know how you get on!

Message 4 of 7 (702 Views)

★ Novice

I also am having the same problem...if there is an answer...please help me..

Message 5 of 7 (687 Views)

EA Staff

@Katherinessissy Did you try reaching out to an Advisor by following the steps I posted above?

Message 6 of 7 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much! This helped a lot!

Message 7 of 7 (610 Views)