purchased sims4 but did not open for my mac

by dollylollybubbly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

purchased sims4 but did not open for my mac

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hi everyone, i need help here?? ive just downloaded orgin and even made the payment for sims4 and the 3 bundle extra contents for sims4. payment was successful, i pressed the download button and was really excited to play it. but after they say downloaded so i went ahead to check it out but i do not see any sims4 or my extra contents on my screen.. i know i did checked the sims4 system requirement and my mac 100% sure as hell i can play it. but right now im unable to play or download it. ive tried every ways to fix it, google and youtube etc. but still not working. right now my orgin account, sims4 say " available on EA play for windows only. get more for macs" what the hell is that suppose to mean? that i just paid for the games that cannot be played on my macs? no way.. im devastated , someone please help me!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6 (393 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: purchased sims4 but did not open for my mac

Community Manager

Hey @dollylollybubbly It sounds possible you may have purchased EA Play which is a subscription we have that only has the Windows version available, can you check out the link here and let us know if you continue having issues? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (363 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @dollylollybubbly It sounds possible you may have purchased EA Play which is a subscription we have that only has the Windows version available, can you check out the link here and let us know if you continue having issues? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (364 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Illium oh no, i think i really did brought the EA play for windows... then isit possible to get my refund back?
Message 3 of 6 (349 Views)

Community Manager
@dollylollybubbly if it was recently you should be able to I would check out our help article below, under the 'HOW DO I GET A REFUND?'. If you continue to have issues reach out to an EA Advisor on help.ea.com for further assistance.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

Illium.png

Message 4 of 6 (337 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Illium thankyou for you help. i have read the returns and cancellations article but it does not seems to be helping. i go to my ea account, order history but i dont see anything. ive clicked at the membership that i paid, hoping to see refund button or something but i dont seems to be able to do anything. no idea what can i do now. its only been 1 day of membership day too.
Message 5 of 6 (328 Views)

Community Manager
@dollylollybubbly ok If you are not seeing the option reach out to an EA Advisor with the link above scroll down to the blue 'contact us' button. Fill in the case details and let them know you are on a mac and purchased the Ea Play sub by mistake and cannot use it.

Illium.png

Message 6 of 6 (310 Views)