plumbob loading page game not responding after 11/17 patch

by yaykebab

Original Post

plumbob loading page game not responding after 11/17 patch

★★ Apprentice

Not sure if I'm supposed to fill one of these out or continue to respond to the ones that exist, but.. just in case my issues might be different....

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformMac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? All times, unless I remove the Mod folder. (This did not happen because of new mods)
What is your current game version number? Not sure. I hit update this morning and it says it's up to date. (including new patch from 17th, which is when the issues started)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. Every last one.
Steps: Turn on the game. Once the plumbob loading images come up, the game stops responding 
What happens when the bug occurs? The game stops responding.
What do you expect to see?The game to eventually load.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, When I uploaded the patch I could no longer use them. I did remove the folder and it began to play without the Mods folder. I also tried parsing files one by one back into Mods folder, but the game no longer functioned.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. The patch to fix the patch in November.. 11/17 9pm EST

Troubleshooting I tried that failed:

-Repaired game in Origin (like 20 times)

-Uninstall/Reinstall Origin

-Uninstall/Reinstall Sims 4

-Remove Mods and 

-Reset NVRAM and SMC as suggested by Apple

-Deleted download cache 

My Mac: Macbook Pro 2019

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Operating System: Big Sur 10.0.1. (updated after bug)

Message 1 of 3 (196 Views)

Re: plumbob loading page game not responding after 11/17 patch

★★★ Newbie
@yaykebab I'm interested in answer as well. Having the same problem, although game won't play even with MODS folder removed. Thanks.
Message 2 of 3 (191 Views)

Re: plumbob loading page game not responding after 11/17 patch

@yaykebab

Are you 100% sure that all your Mods/CC are compatible with the current patch? Have you checked with the creators? If your game works without that indicates it is one or more of your Mods.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (172 Views)