playing legacy edition saves won't load, nothing shows in CAS

by Japanesearmor

Original Post

playing legacy edition saves won't load, nothing shows in CAS

★★★ Novice

Playing Legacy Edition on my MAC. After last update it wouldn't load saved games. Starting new game the CAS was blank, no icons for name, gender etc. in upper left of CAS show up. Icons for save household, open library, game options won't highlight or open. Tried removing all CC but same results. Uninstalled Legacy, removed all saves & CC and reinstalled Legacy. Same results. My OS system is Sierra 10.12.6. Game opens to main menu but nothing after that will open to play game.

Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)

Re: playing legacy edition saves won't load, nothing shows in CAS

@Japanesearmor

Legacy Edition does not receive any more updates even though it downloads a base game update which is for the current version. Do you definitely need to run LE? If your Mac supports Metal it will run the current version, regardless as to whether the LE is installed.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (268 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, my MAC isn't capable of running Metal. It seems that it isn' connecting to the internet. Sims 3 isn't working either. It keeps saying 'finalizing' and it's still downloading. Seems as EA has done something to my account?

Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

@Japanesearmor

Sims 3 on a Mac doesn't need Origin to play, only to verify the first launch from installation. Can you launch from the Sims 3 app in your Applications folder?

Do you have a Last Crash file in your Sims 4 Legacy folder you can attach here or c/p?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (230 Views)