.package files not working on new (mac) user id (Origin crashing on main user)

by mickielg

Original Post

.package files not working on new (mac) user id (Origin crashing on main user)

★★★ Newbie

Origin stopped working on my usual User account on my mac. Whenever it tried updating it crashed. I tried every fix, didn’t work, until I made a new admin profile. It did work! Great, now onto my game files. All there, great. Almost. One game pack not downloading, found the folder it needed to download to but it still wouldn’t download. Plus, my mods SAY they are enabled but don’t actually exist in-game. I realize then, all my .package files that still work and exist perfectly as unarchived files on my original admin account, do not exist as unarchived files or even as usable files on my new admin. (The “.package” files I mean are my cc files and the “.package” or unarchived folders/files that exist in the Sims 4 Packs folders). They still SHOW, but do not have the unarchived thumbnail or any thumbnail but a white page 📄.

they still show normally on my main admin profile but not on the newer admin i’ve created to run origin. If you know a solution please help

Or If you know more solutions to the Origin issue as opposed to the “.package” / archive / file permissions issue, feel free to respond on that instead! A solution to that would make my life MUCH easier.

I have done all the solutions the internet has suggested, don’t even bother telling me to download the ResetOrigin tool lol. Believe me, I have it. The issue I have is when it opens and tries to update itself, it crashes just before the update completes, and then when I try reopening, the little Macintosh Finder face pops up in a window that says “This application can’t be opened.” It’s been excruciating not being able to play a game just because ANOTHER app is what won’t work. Please for the love of god anyone bored enough to have read this whole thing, help

specs: MacOS Monterey 12.4 (the newest update for mac) on a Macbook Air 2019 with an Intel processor

Message 1 of 2 (373 Views)

Re: .package files not working on new (mac) user id (Origin crashing on main use

@mickielg

I'm confused. What are you trying to achieve? To run Origin in the original user account?

For the CC in the new user account, did you copy over the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder from the original user account to the new user account?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (346 Views)