os x el capitan and the sims 3[Mac]

by Nickyrockit

Original Post

Re: os x el capitan and the sims 3[Mac]

★★★ Newbie

th

is is total *. Ren skit på svenska.

I have no intention to repurchase sims 3 games I already have bought. How do I make them work on MAC OS X EL CAPITAN????

Message 51 of 59 (869 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine says the exact same thing but I don't have origin. I'm trying to get origin and hopefully it works
Message 52 of 59 (862 Views)

@pingponglover

@pingponglover wrote:

th

is is total *. Ren skit på svenska.

I have no intention to repurchase sims 3 games I already have bought. How do I make them work on MAC OS X EL CAPITAN????

Why would you have to buy the games again? What problem are you having?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 53 of 59 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

^^ Sorry, but that fix does not work. I had exactly the same issue as the player above. I played the game yesterday morning perfectly fine with no issues (as I have for last many years). Yesterday afternoon I updated to OS El Capitan, today I tried to play the game and had the issue as mentioned above.

I re installed and now the game won't even open at ALL, let alone get to the choice selection! If I double click the icon, it opens in my task bar at the bottom, but does nothing. I have forced quit, restarted and even re downloaded and overlaid origin, but nothing has worked. 

So nope, re installing the game doesn't solve this. 

I am running sims 3 and the expansion pack Outside Living. I logged onto the website and it has history of my sims 4 purchase, which I never play, but I would have to spend £29 to download the full game if sims 3 rather than use a disk. Surely this could be got around by entering my game code from the box? 

I don't want to pay for the game all over again, and I will have lost my entire household with generations and generations of sims. Very sad times!

I only bought a disc player for my mac to play sims3 too!! Frustrating!!

Message 54 of 59 (846 Views)

[ Edited ]

@bunnykin4u

Yes, you can enter your product code from the disc version and get the digital version at no extra cost.

When you uninstalled did you get rid of all the hidden files? Or just use the uninstaller?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 55 of 59 (834 Views)

★★★ Newbie
AFTER BREAKING MY BRAIN TRYING TO FIND A SOLUTION AND TALKING WITH EA, I FOUND A SOLUTION.
What I did (that worked) was installing the Nrass No Cd Mod in my mod folder. After doing that, starting the game with the launcher (but in the launcher It will text you that you need the cd), so don't worry, you put the cd in your computer, and close the launcher, and then you open again the launcher and press play. The mac will open the game and when it comes the momen in the Main Menu to says you te problem "no found cd" or "fake copy of the sims 3", the mod will eliminated it, and you will play 😌. It's better than uses the crack. Thanks
Message 56 of 59 (803 Views)

@jtinena98

Not everyone is comfortable using Mods and the majority of new Mac owners don't have disc drives. 

AHQSigImage.png
Message 57 of 59 (796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So i have had my Mac OS X El Capitan for a while now and used to play the sims 3 on disc and it work fine for a while until it stopped working and told me there was a disc error or something. i decided to try playing on origin and i can get to the launcher but when i press play something comes up saying that there was a problem and could not connect to server. I've tried deleting background apps and plenty more stuff but it didn't help. if you know how to help me than PLEASE do. thank you in advance!

Message 58 of 59 (611 Views)

@irisandthesims  Please list the packs you currently have installed, if any.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 59 of 59 (601 Views)