os x el capitan and the sims 3[Mac]

by Nickyrockit

Original Post

Re: os x el capitan and the sims 3[Mac]

★★★★★ Novice

Where exactly do I find my account history?  You are talking about the Sims3.com site, correct?  I found account details, billing history, and purchase history, but no account history link under My Store Account.  I'm not sure where you a directing me to look.

Message 11 of 59 (2,148 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Why exactly is this a disc error?  I have never had a disc error before, and I never had problems running the game from the disc.  Is this going to continue with every new extension pack I purchase?  I really want to understand why this has suddenly started to occur.  Is it because of El Capitan, or because of non-compatibility between the Sims3 program and El Capitan, or for some other reason?  Or is there no explainable reason?  Just wondering if you or anyone else has an answer to that question.  I just want to comprehend the issue and the reason for the issue, not just 'that is how it is' response.

Message 12 of 59 (2,147 Views)

@annie53

Purchase and Billing History. You can see all your Simpoint purchases.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 59 (2,137 Views)

@annie53

It's a disc error because it involves the disc. It has been around for years but is affecting more people since they upgraded to El Capitan. There seems to be no specific reason for it (although logically, I'm sure there is) but it is not game breaking as the solution is to play the digital download version. I'd love to know the reason for it too Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 59 (2,134 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

But I did not purchase the game through game points.  I purchased the disc at Walmart.  Where do I find the game on Origin in order to download it.  That is something I have not yet discovered.

Message 15 of 59 (2,119 Views)

[ Edited ]

@annie53

Please click on the link I provided in my earlier post. It tells you how to add your games to Origin and full instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling the relevant EP/SP so as to avoid the disc error message. There is also a stickied help thread specifically for the disk error issues in El Capitan at the top of this forum, and there is a link in the stickied general Mac help thread Standard smile

My reference to the Sim Store and your Account/Purchase/Billing history relates to your initial post - "It tells me I only have 195 points and that is so far off that it is funny". The Sims Store and Origin are two completely different things.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 59 (2,111 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, so I went to download the game from Origin, and I was informed that I already used that code, and now they want me to buy the game again.  Why does it say that?  Yes, I used to code when I installed the disc version, but I do not intend to buy another version.  Why won't it just let me play my version that I already paid for, and is, for whatever unknown reason, not working as disc version?

Message 17 of 59 (2,092 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, I downloaded the digital version using the Origin app and I still get the message that "No game disc is found! Please insert The Sims3 Generations game disc before proceeding."  Why am I now getting this message?  I thought downloading it in this manner would make it work.  Is there some other instructions that I missed or am I sorry out of luck as far as ever playing the sims again?

Message 18 of 59 (2,088 Views)

@annie53

Did you download the digital patch after installing the digital game?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 19 of 59 (2,076 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Where do I find the digital patch?  is that the link you show that says Mac super patch?

Message 20 of 59 (2,065 Views)