my sims won't work

by lozdel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims won't work

★★ Novice

Hello. I've got a really big problem with my sims. You know when your launching your game and if you have custom content, it stays on the "the sims 4" screen for a while, well mine stays on there for forever, it won't load. I think it's because I don't have enough storage on my computer (mac) for my sims anymore because my computer is getting old or my sims is running on 30 something GB and needs to be updated to 60 something. I'm not sure if this really makes any sense but could I have some help, please????

Message 1 of 10 (555 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my sims won't work

★★ Novice

Never mind, I fixed it, my cc works again!! I just did a bunch of random stuff! Thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it!

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (445 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Try moving your entire Sims 4 (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop and DO NOT delete it. This is where your saved games are safely stored. Next start the game up and allow a new Sims 4 folder to generate. None of your saved games or CC/Mods will be present, but start a new game and play for about an hour to make sure nothing else odd happens.

As you said it could be that you have too much CC or have something that is outdated. You will have to figure out what you really want to keep in terms of CC. I recommend checking the sites you frequent and check to make sure what you want is compatible with the current version of the game. Download fresh versions of what you want to keep, remembering that not everything may play nicely with your game. 

Quite often what causes the game to stop working or slow down is outdated/too much CC. If you play with Mods, those too need to checked to make sure they are the latest version as well. Unfortunately, there is no script to cull bad CC for the Mac OS. You have to use the "trial and error" method which means add a few pieces of CC back at a time, starting your game and seeing if it works. If it works, all is fine. If not, then something you just recently added is what is causing your game to not work properly. 

While you can update your RAM, it would be much cheaper to cull your CC. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 10 (536 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, thank you I'll try adding bits of cc into my game at a time, and if it's not cc, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Message 3 of 10 (522 Views)

Champion

Please report back here once you try.

Message 4 of 10 (512 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, it didn't work. I added just a tiny bit of my CC into my mods folder, and it didn't work. Any more suggestions??

Message 5 of 10 (501 Views)

Champion

@lozdel, did you try without any CC at all first? Try that. Make sure that the game starts up ok and you can play for about an hour and save. Then we'll work on the CC.

Message 6 of 10 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

yes, the game works completely fine without the cc. I can play without any issues. It's with the cc that it stays on the "the sims 4" screen.

Message 7 of 10 (478 Views)

Champion

So even if you add one piece of CC, the game doesn't work?

You have a few options at this point.

1) Play without any CC.

2) Manually cull your CC. This is time consuming, but if you really can't play without CC it may be one of your only choices. Add just a few pieces of CC to your game. (I suggest no more than 10 at a time). Start up your game and see if it starts at all. If it does not, then pull those pieces back out and add back one at a time, starting the game each time to see if starts as normal. If it does not start, then this is a bad piece of CC. 

3) Go back to the sites you downloaded the CC from the first time and check to see if they have updated their creations to be compatible with the latest patch or content. 

I wish I had better news for you.

Message 8 of 10 (463 Views)

@lozdel

Could you please link to a piece of CC which is causing your game not to load? I'd like to try it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 10 (452 Views)

★★ Novice

Never mind, I fixed it, my cc works again!! I just did a bunch of random stuff! Thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it!

Message 10 of 10 (446 Views)