Re: my sims don't appear in the game

by TillyKeating7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims don't appear in the game

★★★★★ Newbie

I have previously had downloaded Custom Content and haven't had any issues however I have recently downloaded some new sets and now my sims won't appear in the game. they appear on the dashboard as if they would be at another location with the grey colouring and minimal control options but still say they're at home? help? has the Cc affected this?

Message 1 of 3 (1,024 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@TillyKeating7 , the new CC may be conflicting with some of your old CC and causing this issue. Try removing the new CC and seeing if your Sims are once again able to be selected as normal.

If worse comes to worse and your sims aren't back to normal, you can always do the following. Move your Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! This is where your saved games are stored. Next, start the game up as normal remembering that none of your saved games, CC/Mods will be present as they are currently on your Desktop. This allows for the game to generate a new Sims 4 folder. You should start a new game and play to make sure that nothing else odd occurs. Play for a bit. You can quit the game once confirmed that everything is normal. 

If you do use any mods, double check to make sure they are up to date and have been updated to work with the current patch. Add your saved games from your Desktop back into the new Sims 4 folder and do the same with your Mods once you are sure they are current. Before adding back any start up the game and see if the Sims are back to normal. If they are, then it was probably an outdated mod that was causing the issue. Before adding back any of your CC, quit the game and add back a few pieces at a time again to insure that none of the CC was causing the issue as well. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (970 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@TillyKeating7 , the new CC may be conflicting with some of your old CC and causing this issue. Try removing the new CC and seeing if your Sims are once again able to be selected as normal.

If worse comes to worse and your sims aren't back to normal, you can always do the following. Move your Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! This is where your saved games are stored. Next, start the game up as normal remembering that none of your saved games, CC/Mods will be present as they are currently on your Desktop. This allows for the game to generate a new Sims 4 folder. You should start a new game and play to make sure that nothing else odd occurs. Play for a bit. You can quit the game once confirmed that everything is normal. 

If you do use any mods, double check to make sure they are up to date and have been updated to work with the current patch. Add your saved games from your Desktop back into the new Sims 4 folder and do the same with your Mods once you are sure they are current. Before adding back any start up the game and see if the Sims are back to normal. If they are, then it was probably an outdated mod that was causing the issue. Before adding back any of your CC, quit the game and add back a few pieces at a time again to insure that none of the CC was causing the issue as well. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (971 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This helped a lot. Managed to start a new game and by only adding in Mods that I had prior to the glitch helped. thanks! 

Message 3 of 3 (964 Views)