Re: my mac won't download custom content sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my mac won't download custom content sims 3

★ Novice

I recently re-installed the sims 3 onto my mac and it doesn't matter what I do every custom content file I try to download will not open. I've tried safari, chrome and firefox. On safari they are zips but immediately just download as blank documents and will not upload, and on chrome & firefox they download as zips. When I click on them so that they will upload onto the sims 3 launcher they just create a black duplicate in my computer downloads folder.

I never had this issue before, please help

Message 1 of 2 (169 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ryandelich  Once you've extracted the .zip files, please manually move them to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads.  Then open the launcher's Downloads tab and install them from there.

If the Install button does nothing, close the launcher and reopen it.  If you get a critical error, please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (161 Views)

All Replies

@ryandelich  Once you've extracted the .zip files, please manually move them to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads.  Then open the launcher's Downloads tab and install them from there.

If the Install button does nothing, close the launcher and reopen it.  If you get a critical error, please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (162 Views)