my game says its running when its not, help?

by wtothemadness

Original Post

my game says its running when its not, help?

★★ Novice

My Sims 4 game says that the game is "already running" when I'm for sure that it isn't. I've tried restarting the game, restarting my laptop, removing my custom content, and deleting the whole game in general. Nothing has worked. I'm not sure what to do, please help

Message 1 of 2 (207 Views)

Re: my game says its running when its not, help?

[ Edited ]

@wtothemadness  The issue could be your antivirus/firewall.  Try setting exceptions for Origin.exe and TS4_x64.exe (or TS4.exe if you're using the Legacy Edition).  If that doesn't help, or you don't use anything besides Windows Defender, try setting the same exceptions in the Controlled Folder Access settings.

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

It may also help to run Origin as an admin: right-click on the Origin icon on your desktop and select "Run as administrator."

Edit:  I take it from your other post that you're on a Mac.  In that case, drag your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Launch the game, which will create a clean folder with no content.  If the game works, you can move the contents of your Saves and Tray folders from your old game folder to the new one.

If you can't remove the game folder from Documents\EA, restart your computer and try again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (202 Views)